Beaconsfield Condominiums At 1700 Main St.

jdbaker

I'm hoping that someone here might have a little information about the Beaconsfield. I know the maintenance fees are sky high ($.64 psf), and that the building is the process of having it's original hand operated elevators replaced. If anyone has additional information to add to this I would be highly appreciative. Thanks.

The prices (maint fee aside) seem quite reasonable for that building. At one time there was an issue that the building sat on land that was leased for 100 years. I think it was built in 1911 so the lease on the land was set to expire. I had heard it was renegotiated or somehow resolved, but that would be one thing I would investigate.

I'm hoping that someone here might have a little information about the Beaconsfield. I know the maintenance fees are sky high ($.64 psf), and that the building is the process of having it's original hand operated elevators replaced. If anyone has additional information to add to this I would be highly appreciative. Thanks.

Are you interested in buying a unit?

• 2 years later...

THE BEACONSFIELD #4B

1700 Main

$2,000 / month (unfurnished)

$2,500 / month (beautifully furnished)

Beac-4b-living.jpg

Take this opportunity to experience the Victorian lifestyle in Downtown Houston! This fully furnished residence in the historic Beaconsfield in Downtown Houston is filled with the comfort of a traditional home, only in the sky and with breathtaking nighttime views of Downtown Houston.

This incredible residence makes you feel "at home" with its rich wood floors, beam ceilings, towering antique doors that envelop the wet bar and an endless stream of light pouring in from the dining and the sitting nook just off the living.

Pocket doors separate the living from the elegant dining with hutch, coffered ceiling and chandelier. Just off the dining, the chef's kitchen with a wooden facade and French door entryway also features butcher block and granite countertops, a professional range and hood, elegant cabinets and an oversized stainless refrigerator.

A spacious master suite features a walk-in closet and a master bath with a large whirlpool tub, separate walk-in shower and dual vanities with glass vessle sinks that sit atop antique style furniture.

Off the foyer, the front room can serve as a third bedroom with a full bath or a TV room and private study. A Washer and Dryer are included.

This unit is in walking distance to all of Downtown Houston's attractions including the YMCA for a workout or swim, the

Discovery Green Park and the Pavilions. Built in 1911, The Beaconsfield is on the National Register of Historic Places. It is the oldest residential high rise in Downtown Houston, and its unique charm and location on the METRORail make it certain to remain a classic for years to come.

3 Bedroom / 3 Bath

1,950 sq.ft. / HCAD

Edited by RealtorHouston

• The title was changed to For Sale - Award Winning Downtown Loft in the Historic Beaconsfield!
  • The title was changed to Beaconsfield Condominiums At 1700 Main St.