5010 Jason

meyerland

$895,000 to $820,000

Architecture that creates functionally enduring spaces,

distinctive in harmony and balance for easy modern living.

http://www.gunn.net/Jackwood/5010a.jpg

http://www.gunn.net/Jackwood/studioMET%20logo.jpg

A single family home on Jason Street designed to compliment Meyerlands home designs of the mid-century modern style of the past. The lot is split in two for the house on one half and a private yard for outdoor activities on the other half, just enough room for a small swimming pool.

Estimated March '09 completion. Designed and crafted by studioMET: this mid century modern new construction home features 2 outdoor entertaining areas, optional pool, quality finishes, gourmet kitchen, open living plan with architectural details including exposed wooden beams and trusses, private study, 3 spacious bedrooms, 2nd story family/game room with access to rooftop deck.

studioMET team of award-winning architects, artists, and construction managers

have over 20 years of experience in the industry.

FLOOR PLANS

http://www.gunn.net/Jackwood/5010-plan_1.gif

http://www.gunn.net/Jackwood/5010-plan_2.gif

3,338 SF/builder

11,504 SF lot / HCAD

3 bedrooms/3 bath

plus study, family room and rooftop deck

• 3 months later...

Interesting. Not sure it fits the neighborhood but then again it's been a long time since I lived in Meyerland. Either way I believe it's a little to pricey for the neighborhood. 

A quick look at har.com for 77096 suggests that it's no longer too pricey for the neighborhood... the McMansions have arrived, some at over a million bucks.

I don't like everything about this house... the scale, to me, is too large for modern authenticity, and I really don't like the bathrooms. But it's still nice to see new construction that doesn't have that stucco, spanish-tile roof look. I hope that as Meyerland continues to change, it also continues to be a place of architectural interest.

Don't forget, you can walk to Meyerland Plaza, nee Mall, the greatest de-MCM-ification ever!

The house is better than most junk going up, but not sure I dig the shotgun layout. And the neighbor to the left in the above photo...ack!

A quick look at har.com for 77096 suggests that it's no longer too pricey for the neighborhood... the McMansions have arrived, some at over a million bucks.

Does this mean the home my parents paid $28,000 for in Meyerland back in the early 60's has increased in value?  :D

It's a great neighborhood but it just blows me away that there are million dollar McMansions there now. Damn I'm old. 

• 4 weeks later...

Does this mean the home my parents paid $28,000 for in Meyerland back in the early 60's has increased in value?

Lucky stiff growing up in the rich part of Meyerland.

Lemme see here, homes have increased 30 to 60x since then...uhmmm wages have increased xxx since then??

Merida, Mexico and 800K, what possible hovel could I get....

Twas up to moi I'd rather have the huge old trees, squirrels and shade rather than that huge slab of concrete. Must be getting old here too....

33bhg9d.jpg

I just hate houses like that... studioMet houses look like crap.. MCIA should ban new construction like this.. ruins the whole neighborhood.

If I ever see someone building a studioMet house like that next to me... I will paint my house neon purple and orange.

I just hate houses like that... studioMet houses look like crap.. MCIA should ban new construction like this.. ruins the whole neighborhood.

I have to agree. I don't expect people to build exactly like every home in the neighborhood but this is just way out of place in Meyerland. I would hate to live next to it. 

I have to agree. I don't expect people to build exactly like every home in the neighborhood but this is just way out of place in Meyerland. I would hate to live next to it.

Bellaire too... they allow garbage like that to be built. Prime example: house directly across from Horn Elementary on Pine Street.

What irritates me is these houses do not look like houses. They look like a retail building... a doctor's office... community approvement associations in Bellaire, Meyerland, etc. should do something to prevent this crap.

And.. you know.... a "normal" person isn't going to be living in that million dollar shoebox.

• The title was changed to Home In Meyerland For Sale At 5010 Jason St.
  • The title was changed to Home At 5010 Jason St.

Archived