Affordable Housing On Old Richmond Rd.

jrc

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or is this thread attracting a lot of attention from people who don't even live in the area or care about the area, and just want to make their politics known and imposed upon others while ignoring all the facts and statistics?

I just looked at that zip code's median sale price history for the last 5 years. It looks like you folks paid $90-110k for a house, and now you want to keep "poor" people away. I don't live in the area, but that still bugs me. What facts and statistics am I ignoring that will change my mind?

Here's another thread that makes mention of a planned "Goldshire Townhomes" back in 2007. This one was near Westbury HS.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...mode=linearplus

Get over yourself. If you can't afford to buy the property and stop the project, try learning to live with people who make less money than you do.

Oh this is rich. Perhaps memebag helped shoot down this shady development in Westbury, and now doesn't want it to have the possibility of moving back there!

Oh this is rich. Perhaps memebag helped shoot down this shady development in Westbury, and now doesn't want it to have the possibility of moving back there!

I can't think of any other good reason he would have to be over here in the SUGAR LAND forum, hijacking the thread pretending to be a know-it-all about northeast Sugar Land and telling everyone how they should live...

That thought occurred to me as well, but I think the development near Westbury simply didn't happen, as was the case with another Goldshire development that was planned near the Glenshire neighborhood (just inside Beltway 8 at West Bellfort) in 2007:

www.glenshire.org/Newsletters/2007-05.pdf

It looks like you folks paid $90-110k for a house, and now you want to keep "poor" people away.

That's exactly what you said.

www.glenshire.org/Newsletters/2007-05.pdf

Wow, imagine that no one else would want this built in their area either.

Yet the Sugar Land residents are in the wrong?

A 3 bedroom unit in this development is $750 a month. That is equivalent to the payments on a $150,000 mortgage at todays rate of 4.5%. That is higher than the $90,000 I paid for my Park Pointe house across the street. Am I not worthy to live in Sugar Land and have my kids attend Kempner High School??
^Does that include discounts? Also, fwiw, renting does not come with the burden of maintenance, tax payments, and other dues..

Let's not forget how shady "renters" are.

... That is higher than the $90,000 I paid for my Park Pointe house across the street. Am I not worthy to live in Sugar Land and have my kids attend Kempner High School??

Sugarlandcitizen / Equalityofman,

I'm confused. You say you have a house in Park Pointe, but ask if you are not worthy to live in Sugar Land?

So do you, or do you not live in Sugar Land?

And do you have a special interest in this development? Are you in on it for profit? I'm just finding it very strange that you should be a new user in two different forums with your first and only posts on this specific development.

Let's not forget how shady "renters" are.

I'm finding it strange, and quite frankly, offensive that others from totally different parts of town feel they must come into this thread and inject their views on the way they think we need to live in our area.

Can't you respect that there may be specific reasons that the residents choose to live in Sugar Land rather than another area? Such as good schools and a safe community for our children? Do we not have the right to do that without other people from other areas trying to come in and change things at our expense and for their gain?

According to HAR, the price range for homes in Park Pointe is $139-204K, so I'd be willing to bet that "sugarlandcitizen" doesn't really live there. I would also imagine that most Park Pointe residents are aware that they are zoned to Austin High School, not Kempner.

According to HAR, the price range for homes in Park Pointe is $139-204K, so I'd be willing to bet that "sugarlandcitizen" doesn't really live there. I would also imagine that most Park Pointe residents are aware that they are zoned to Austin High School, not Kempner.

According to these maps Park Pointe is zoned to:

* Lakeview ES: http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/cmf/var/tidb...080818_1302.pdf

* Garcia MS: http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/cmf/var/tidb...080818_1304.pdf

* Austin HS: http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/cmf/var/tidb...080818_1305.pdf

Goldshire Townhomes would be at 16827 Old Richmond Rd. According to FBISD's zone tool: http://zonemaps.fortbend.k12.tx.us/edulog/webquery/ it would be zoned to Oyster Creek ES, Garcia MS, and Austin HS.

These maps and the tool confirm what JRC said.

I would also imagine that most Park Pointe residents are aware that they are zoned to Austin High School, not Kempner.
I also find it odd that "sugarlandcitizen" has knowledge of what it would cost to rent a 3-bedroom unit in Goldshire Townhomes ...

Yes.

Something is not right.

I would bet "sugarlandcitizen" does not actually live in the above mentioned subdivision.

As a long time resident of Village of Oak Lake, which is the subdivision in the midst of which this developer is proposing to put this complex, I have a right, if not an obligation, to oppose it. A few of the relevant facts;

- the developer will make about $2MM off of the deal, other than that, he has no underlying moral purpose of putting it 2 blocks from my home, instead of near his home on the fairway in the Sweetwater Country Club golf course

- the entrance to the 150 unit complex will be on a two lane blacktop road, 100yards from a curve, with ditches on each side, it will be accidents waiting to happen with an estimated 150-200 vehicles entering/exiting

- there is absolutley NO public transportation near here, the closest being Park and Ride lots on the SW Freeway, or the bus lines on Westheimer, 50% of the units will be rented to persons earning <50% of the AMGI (Area Median Gross Income), if they do not own a car they are in the middle of nowhere basically

- the schools near here already using portable units, adding 300-500 kids will not improve that problem

If you are a resident and want to take the time to read the 355 page application it is here; "http://www1.tdhca.state.tx.us/htc/2009apps/index.htm" it is number 09166.

This is not about race, my African American neighbor across the street has been my friend since 1995, I have Columbian and Chinese neighbors. All of us have invested our money in paying the martgage on our loans, we dont want to see our home values decline for the benefit of this developer.

Old Richmond Rd is scheduled to be widened and aligned later this year.
^ Taking bets now on how much developer is paying him to post up here!

No kidding.

And he got an entire thread temporarily closed down by his hate speech in another forum. A reverse racist post that was later deleted by the moderator. Not good...

Archived