Sign in to follow this  
editor

Miller Outdoor Theater Master Plan

lockmat    1,965

Cool beans. They still had the fence up around it on Sunday. Also, the construction just south of it next to the zoo is complete too and it is awesome.

Specwriter    201

Do they still have "seats" on the ceiling?

The ceiling seats are long gone. IIRC they were originally put there for acoustic reasons. I'm sure there is something more sophisticated now.

Triton    9,105

They should just build the underground parking garage and that way they could tear up the zoo parking lots and have even more park!

• Like 1

houstontexasjack    1,227

Why stop there? Throw the zoo, museum, and park's parking underground.

What's that? It would cost millions of dollars? Lol a man can dream :/

I Have dreamt about that as well. We just need the Powerball to get back to $500 million (and win) and we can work on making it happen. I'd also like land bridges over Hermann Park Drive for a more continuous park space.

samagon    2,204

turn half the golf course into park on top of parking garage, turn the other half into more zoo.

send doctors to wildcat or gus wortham.

samagon    2,204

I thought the rice team played out of wildcat? At least, I see rice students out there all the time, so I assumed this to be true.

• Like 1

brian0123    381

I hate the 2035 plan grading of the hill and "VIP Master Suites". Totally kills the whole relaxing vibe of the park and looks too structured, stark, and something you'd expect in suburbia. Sitting on the lawn with "VIPs" hovering over you would feel strange. It's almost as if the board is now a bunch of old farts that decided that "hmph, those kids rolling around the hill and having fun distract from the entertainment, so let's put an end to that!"

Houston19514    2,458
13 hours ago, brian0123 said:

I hate the 2035 plan grading of the hill and "VIP Master Suites". Totally kills the whole relaxing vibe of the park and looks too structured, stark, and something you'd expect in suburbia. Sitting on the lawn with "VIPs" hovering over you would feel strange. It's almost as if the board is now a bunch of old farts that decided that "hmph, those kids rolling around the hill and having fun distract from the entertainment, so let's put an end to that!"

The VIP Suites at the top of the hill are not part of the adopted plan.

• Like 2

brian0123    381
10 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

The VIP Suites at the top of the hill are not part of the adopted plan.

Great to hear. Thanks for the info.

KinkaidAlum    2,258

It's been like that for over a week. I rode by several times and they were laying new sod and fertilizer. Maybe protecting new grass?