Graffiti Removal

OkieEric

Has anyone had any luck removing graffiti from an unpainted brick wall? I came home today to find that someone had tagged the back walls of my townhome complex - it's on the outside so it could be worse, but it's not exactly aesthetically pleasing. It's white paint, a somewhat thin line, but at least 3 feet tall or so. I thought these pricks typically avoided private residences?? A vacant lot next door probably made the large wall just too inviting

Did some googling and it looks like applying a product like siliclear can be a good preventative measure, but it's obviously too late now. On my own outside exposed wall I planted ivy, which seems to have done the trick

Anyway, is there an easy product to find and use, or could my powerwasher maybe do the trick? Complicating things a bit is that it's technically on the outside wall of two other units, and we don't have any sort of HOA

Landscaping is the best preventative method to avoid being a billboard again.

"Goof Off" and then pressure washing is probably your best method for removal.

Great...sounds like a fun little Saturday. Maybe I should just plant ivy there now and let it grow over it, lol

Should I bother reporting this or anything? I have a fear that removal of the graffiti will just incite the taggers to strike again

• 1 month later...
Great...sounds like a fun little Saturday. Maybe I should just plant ivy there now and let it grow over it, lol

Should I bother reporting this or anything? I have a fear that removal of the graffiti will just incite the taggers to strike again

Well, I'm an idiot. My laziness (along with a few trips and rainy weekends) meant that I hadn't quite got to cleaning this up - lo and behold, someone else came along and crossed it out with squiggly lines and everything. I'm afraid I'm about to see some sort of tagger war on the wall

Does anyone have any rec's for professional grafitti removal?

• 4 years later...

Call the police and report it, they have a gang task force that will catalog it.

If you own the property you are responsible to remove it, and my understanding is that you can be fined if you don't remove it quick enough.

Paint over it at the least.

This thread is actually a few years old.  We wound up using a combination of graffiti remover (Krud Kutter, I think), wire brush, and pressure washer and got it all off fairly easily.  One of the neighbors was out there with a gas-powered pressure washer and sure enough it was too powerful and was knocking off pieces of brick and mortar so we wound up using a cheap electric one I have

Of course, a couple of months later it was tagged again and before i could act someone (the city, I assume) came through and just painted it over with a big white square

• 2 months later...
Guest Burton22

Well I think there are many graffiti removal services available in the market for removing that rubbish from wall why don't you hire someone for this, but you have to pay them for this work.. Good luck

Archived