Yellow House At 4539 Bellaire Blvd.

marketingwiz

I have noticed a home that looks relatively new on the south side of Bellaire Blvd. (inside the Loop) between 610 and Newcastle. It is yellow with white trim and it sticks out like a (really large) sore thumb from the traditional Bellaire residential environment. The architecture is more suited to the Heights area with its all-siding construction, wrap-around porch and antique 'Gingerbread' look. It reminds me of the farmhouse of a really affluent family. Even stranger, it doesn't look like anyone lives there nor is it for sale.

Does anyone have any inside scoop on this home, like who built it and is it occupied? Thanks in advance for your help!

I know which house you're speaking of - I think the street address is 4539. I usually don't pay much attention to it as I pass, but tonight I did and it does appear to be occupied. It is a huge house, but so are most others on Bellaire Blvd. Certainly the newer ones! When I drove by tonight, the right side of the downstairs was lit up and it does look like there is furniture & stuff in there. As big as the house is, I doubt there is a huge family living in it, so that was probably just where they were hanging out at the time.

If I have the address right, HCAD says they've owned the property since 2005 and the house was built in 2007. I kind of assumed there was an older family member or something with the way the wrap-around porch is ramped to the driveway & all. I kind of like this house, actually. I guess mostly because it doesn't look like every other 5,000+ square foot house they've built around here in the past several years. It has no turrets!

Well, you're a much better researcher than I because I didn't see the address either. But every time we've driven by, my husband and I both comment how empty and unoccupied the house seems. We have yet to catch any lights on. I certainly don't mind the design of it, it just sticks out in Bellaire, like I said, it seems more suited for The Heights' style of architecture. And it is absolutely HUGE! They don't seem to have done anything with the yard, no landscaping, fencing, pool, etc., and there definitely appears to be enough room for all of that including a tennis court! :blink:

Well, you're a much better researcher than I because I didn't see the address either. But every time we've driven by, my husband and I both comment how empty and unoccupied the house seems. We have yet to catch any lights on. I certainly don't mind the design of it, it just sticks out in Bellaire, like I said, it seems more suited for The Heights' style of architecture. And it is absolutely HUGE! They don't seem to have done anything with the yard, no landscaping, fencing, pool, etc., and there definitely appears to be enough room for all of that including a tennis court! :blink:

So funny, but when I drove by it this morning there is a little 4539 sign in the yard. So I guess I was right on the address, at least! I really didn't think anyone lived there, either, because like you said - they've done nothing at all with the lot. And when you just drive by, it's a quick view & for sure this morning it looked empty again. It was only the lights being on the other night that made me think otherwise. Most of those lots on Bellaire Blvd. are insanely big. At least it makes more sense to plop down your huge McMansion on a 20,000 sq ft lot than it does to try to cram it into a 5,000 sq ft one. I know what you mean about it looking like it should have been built in the Heights, though. It's definitely that style. I just laughed at "it sticks out like a (really large) sore thumb" because that seems like about 80% of the houses around here now! ;)

• The title was changed to Odd Yellow House On Bellaire Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Yellow House At 4539 Bellaire Blvd.

Archived