Garage Door Company Needed

Garage Door Services builds and install quality wood faced doors. www.gdsofusa.com 713-983-8771

Wayne Dalton are great doors, and priced accordingly.

Stewart Door makes wood doors as well. 281-859-9339

• 2 months later...
I'm looking for a nice wooden "carriage-style" garage door for the garage/workshop I am building in the Heights. Does anyone have any recommendations regardings installers & brands?

I had a terrible experience with Wayne Dalton. I see another poster had a better experience.

I ended going with Hollywood Door. I found the owner extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It's not installed yet (construction not done), but my neighbor had them install a door and was very happy. I did discover that a number of people in the garage door business in Houston are first-class pricks. You would think in a soft economy they would be a little more receptive to someone wanting to buy a high-end door.

I also went with an insulated steer door that "looks" like a wooden carrriage door (with windows). The 18 x 8 door, with a jackshaft opener (mounts to front wall of garage) was $3100. Identical wood doors ranged from $5500 to $9000 (!).

I ended going with Hollywood Door. I found the owner extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It's not installed yet (construction not done), but my neighbor had them install a door and was very happy. I did discover that a number of people in the garage door business in Houston are first-class pricks. You would think in a soft economy they would be a little more receptive to someone wanting to buy a high-end door.

I also went with an insulated steer door that "looks" like a wooden carrriage door (with windows). The 18 x 8 door, with a jackshaft opener (mounts to front wall of garage) was $3100. Identical wood doors ranged from $5500 to $9000 (!).

Another recomendation for Hollywood Door. I got a new one installed last January and I'm very happy with work.

Archived