texas911

Is looking like its going to be a master-piece! I love the way it engages the street, going right up to the setback instead of putting the parking lot in front. Has a butterfly roof. Really looking forward to this. Will take some pictures.

Is looking like its going to be a master-piece! I love the way it engages the street, going right up to the setback instead of putting the parking lot in front. Has a butterfly roof. Really looking forward to this. Will take some pictures.

Yeah I drove by this the other day. I think it really looks good. Are there any renderings out there? And when is it supposed to be complete?

I don't post much but I drive past this everyday... I still kind of miss the Luby's ha. I am glad they are incorporating the Buffalo pharmacy with the store.

My family and I are very excited about the new HEB. I am sure Kroger across the street isn't too pleased along with Randalls on Weslayan ha but oh well. I believe Compass Bank is going to build a new bank on the corner to replace the pretty run down looking one that exist there currently. That whole corner will look great.

Does anyone know what Buffalo Grille's plans are?

Now where exactly this location now?

Buffalo Speedway, between Bissonnet & Westpark. Just noticed it as I drove by today 'cause the butterfly roof stood out. I can't really imagine getting that excited over a new grocery store, but if it ends up looking really nice - I might change my mind.

Buffalo Speedway, between Bissonnet & Westpark. Just noticed it as I drove by today 'cause the butterfly roof stood out. I can't really imagine getting that excited over a new grocery store, but if it ends up looking really nice - I might change my mind.

Where the old Luby's used to be?

One of hte managers at Buffalo Grille told me they are going to stay in the current building for the foreseeable future and will eventually be incorporated into the HEB building. Either way, we're not going to lose Buffalo Grille like we did Molina's (they say they're still looking for a West U-area location).

One of hte managers at Buffalo Grille told me they are going to stay in the current building for the foreseeable future and will eventually be incorporated into the HEB building. Either way, we're not going to lose Buffalo Grille like we did Molina's (they say they're still looking for a West U-area location).

Losing Molinas took awhile for us to get used to. We went there just about every week along with many other regulars they had. I really do hope they open another one in the area soon.

don't worry , the pearland residents got excited for their HEB too.

• 2 months later...

I drove by yesterday evening, but I didn't see an architect reference sign. There are signs for JE Dunn Construction http://www.jedunn.com/. The HEB project is not listed on their site, though.

I can't wait for the store to open. I'll probably abandon Disco Kroger for this new store.

Anybody know the design architect or arch. of record for this H-E-B?

A coworker and I were speaking of this today.

Stella Link Library and this H-E-B has the same 'design' almost.

Where do I go to file a formal complaint regarding the middle of the night construction noise going on at Kroger, as the fastidiously try to rebuild that store in order to compete with the new HEB across the street? I am being forced to move because of the welding, power saws and hammering at all hours of the night, right outside my window. 10pm-4am almost every single night. Speaking with management at the store, and at the Cincinnati corporate offices has not yet been of any help. "We will try to keep the noise down." "There's nothing we can do - we have a permit." Sure, they have a permit to work, but do they have a permit to disturb the peace? I can promise that I as I incur moving expenses, I will be going after their butts in the process. This has been going on for over 12-weeks - sleep deprivation prevails; and their promises of "another 3 weeks" has now turned into July 17. That's 6 more weeks using my remedial mathematics skills.

Where do I go to file a formal complaint regarding the middle of the night construction noise going on at Kroger, as the fastidiously try to rebuild that store in order to compete with the new HEB across the street? I am being forced to move because of the welding, power saws and hammering at all hours of the night, right outside my window. 10pm-4am almost every single night. Speaking with management at the store, and at the Cincinnati corporate offices has not yet been of any help. "We will try to keep the noise down." "There's nothing we can do - we have a permit." Sure, they have a permit to work, but do they have a permit to disturb the peace? I can promise that I as I incur moving expenses, I will be going after their butts in the process. This has been going on for over 12-weeks - sleep deprivation prevails; and their promises of "another 3 weeks" has now turned into July 17. That's 6 more weeks using my remedial mathematics skills.

Um, the Kroger across from the HEB on this thread was completed a few years back. Are you referring to the Heights Kroger thread?

Um, the Kroger across from the HEB on this thread was completed a few years back. Are you referring to the Heights Kroger thread?

No, Rweil is right, they are doing some interior remodels on that particular existing Kroger, directly across from the new HEB going up on Buffalo Speedway near Westpark. I didn't know they were working at night. Thought they doing everything behind the temporary walls they put in place inside the store, and in the daytime.

If they have a permit, I'm sure there's nothing on it expressing what hours they can work and which they can't. Maybe file a complaint at the Code Enforcement building?

On a side note I will try to snap some photos of this, its quite an interesting design. I find it ironic that all of HEBs commercials are about how much you can save over Kroger and now they build a new one right smack across from them. I for one am glad. It is a hassle during peak times to find parking in that Kroger shopping center, and if I can save more at HEB over Kroger even with the Plus Card, then hell yea. The closest HEB to me till now was more of a drive than I wanted to make just for groceries.

Hmm, I thought that Kroger was just fine. They must be shaking in their boots with HEB coming and want to make the place look real purdy inside.

I've got an idea: Take a petition at your (Finger?) property and state that you will all shop at HEB exclusively if they don't knock off the night time noise. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Actually had a group interview with HEB for this location and drove by the store today. It's very sleek and modern-looking, something you would expect Whole Foods or a high end grocery store to build. It has got an all glass front and a "butterfly" roof (their words in the interview). When I go in for the final interview I'll drive by again bring my camera so I can snap some pictures.

Hmm, I thought that Kroger was just fine. They must be shaking in their boots with HEB coming and want to make the place look real purdy inside.

I've got an idea: Take a petition at your (Finger?) property and state that you will all shop at HEB exclusively if they don't knock off the night time noise. ;)

Heck yeah there shaking in their boots. This is Kroger's most "profitable" store in the entire Houston region! HEB is going to make a HUGE dent into their pockets and HEB knows it!! Building right in front of them was no "coincidence" they know their target market and they know it well. :lol:

I love how you took the first 3 shots from the Kroger shopping center parking lot. Ironic and epic :lol:

I like this design but the only thing I can do without is all the different colors of the lower exterior on that side. This is HEB now, not Fiesta.

They could have gotten more GREEN points if they used actual shipping container paneling on the sides. That would have been pretty SLICK, actually!

Still, very nice!

I'm a little excited - Kroger is getting dull, Randalls/Rice isn't on the radar, Whole Foods is only once in a while, I can only take Fiesta every so often, and the other closest HEB to me is the crummy one in Bellaire. It'll be a madhouse though (reminiscent of the couple times I've been to the HEB on Westheimer and Fountain View..).

Archived