The HAIF's Favorite Food

IronTiger

The HAIF is a unique bunch, but I was wondering what food is almost universally approved within HAIF. At my school, everyone seems to approve Dr Pepper (and Nutella, for that matter), but at the HAIF, a universal favorite has got to be in order. Some of the things I enjoy include steak, pizza, homemade bread, smoothies, Dr Pepper, coffee, and donuts.

I'm on board with you for steak, homemade bread and Nutella.

I'd add New York and Vermont cheddar cheeses, both Cincinnati and Texas-style chili, and brandy ice cream.

Also, the new Starbucks VIA instant coffee is pretty good, but it takes some practice to make it right.

Burgers... steak, brisket, ribs, hot dogs, taco bell & chow mein.. Anything asian & tex-mex.

However, not just any of the above. Taco Bell would be nothing without fire sauce. I think its all about what you dress your food with..

Nutella is ecstasy, but spreadable. But for some reason I'm not a fan of sweets anymore.

i noticed this thread as i sit down to eat beck's prime.

favorite foods in no specific order:

premium burgers & fries

sushi

vietnamese

steak

fried piquillo peppers with basil aioli at sirenuse

my dad's smoked brisket & mom's garlic green beans and creamy mashed potatoes

dad's omelets

mom's sherry wine cake and her rum cake

Well, I read a recipe elsewhere that gave the recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/the-best-of/pats-king-of-steaks-philadelphia-cheese-steak-recipe/index.html) to the famous Philly "Pat's King of Steaks". I went to Philadelphia, and they were sold out of cheesesteaks by lunchtime. Cheapskates. <_<

I suppose the "Philly Connection" places spread around Houston are frauds too, right? ;)

I have to agree with Red on this one, but then again, I grew up outside Philly. A good cheesesteak outside Philly is like good Tex-Mex outside Texas. Very hard to find.

My overall favorites are Thai, Mediterranean, Indian, and Vietnamese. I can pretty much always eat pizza, even if it's not very good quality. I would bet that pizza is probably the most universal favorite.

I would say alcohol is what most Haifers prefer for breakfast, lunch & dinner or even as a snack bewteen meals... or so they say.

No, Hemingway did that. Either that or you want to create a "drunk Texan" stereotype. But if that was true, that would explain a lot of weird posts around here. :lol:

Chinese Food from 888 Bistro in Clear Lake.

Shrimp, flounder, crabcakes, hushpuppies.

Cornbread

Pinto beans

Cole Slaw

Stuffed Baked Potato with chopped beef

Breakfast

James Coney Island Chili, and cheese coneys with onions, and chili-cheese fries (alas, we don't have one in Clear Lake any more!)

Mexican food from Gringo's

And, I guess I am not a "real" HAIFer, cuz I don't drink.

I like shrimp, too, but not fried.

I like sushi too, but because its so expensive and limited, I rarely eat it

The "cake batter" flavored ice cream (there was a decent Creamy Creations version, but I think it was a special edition).

Coffee is good with almost anything (make mine black)

Those really flat and thin M&M cookies from Kroger.

Tofu isn't really that bad. It's a bit bland, but cooked the right way, it's worth eating. I wouldn't eat it as a meat substitute though. icon8.gif

Crawfish

Green apples

Salads with feta cheese

Again, keep in mind that my favorite foods are rarely available/expensive. I don't eat these normally. And tofu is not one of my favorite foods. <_<

The HAIF is a unique bunch, but I was wondering what food is almost universally approved within HAIF. At my school, everyone seems to approve Dr Pepper (and Nutella, for that matter), but at the HAIF, a universal favorite has got to be in order. Some of the things I enjoy include steak, pizza, homemade bread, smoothies, Dr Pepper, coffee, and donuts.

Well.. looks like y'all are off to a great start finding the universally approved Haif food.

I'm gonna throw out Water.... does anyone not like water ?? There ya go.

Silly thread...

PS....

Scotch Eggs

Archived