HAIF Statistics of Interest

editor

I bet a bunch of those were me. Somehow I lost my HAIF bookmark, and for at least a month, I just typed 'haif' into the google bar of my browser to get here. I probably did this 2-3 times a day. Don't ask me why I didn't just create a new bookmark until about a week ago. :unsure:

Did you know that to get to Wikipedia, I almost always type en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(article) ? It always works for me.

I want some idea of how much time the Haif die hards are on here per day.

Can we get the daily average number of page views for the Top 5, Top 10, Top 25 users ?

No, the system won't segment out individuals for privacy reasons. All data is aggregate.

It would show up as an Android phone. I believe I listed the exact identity string in another thread. It's the 10th most popular browser & OS combination on HAIF with 0.37% share.

Here is the ranking of mobile devices on HAIF:

• 1.15% - Danger Hiptop (T-Mobile Sidekick)
  • 0.97% - iPhone
  • 0.37% - Android
  • 0.11% - iPod Touch
  • 0.02% - Palm
  • 0.01% - Blackberry 9530
  • 0.01% - Samsung SGH-I617
  • 0.00% - Blackberry 9000
  • 0.00% - Sony PSP
  • 0.00% - Blackberry 8900b
  • 0.00% - HTC 8500
  • 0.00% - HTC 8900
  • 0.00% - LG LX600 Polaris
  • 0.00% - Non-Safari iPhone
  • 0.00% - Blackberry 8900a
  • 0.00% - HTC P3701
  • 0.00% - Samsung SGH-I907

I have tried to HAIF from my BB Bold (aka, 9000) a few times, and it is a disaster. The type is so small, even for my Superman eyes.

It would show up as an Android phone. I believe I listed the exact identity string in another thread. It's the 10th most popular browser & OS combination on HAIF with 0.37% share.

Here is the ranking of mobile devices on HAIF:

• 1.15% - Danger Hiptop (T-Mobile Sidekick)
  • 0.97% - iPhone
  • 0.37% - Android
  • 0.11% - iPod Touch
  • 0.02% - Palm
  • 0.01% - Blackberry 9530
  • 0.01% - Samsung SGH-I617
  • 0.00% - Blackberry 9000
  • 0.00% - Sony PSP
  • 0.00% - Blackberry 8900b
  • 0.00% - HTC 8500
  • 0.00% - HTC 8900
  • 0.00% - LG LX600 Polaris
  • 0.00% - Non-Safari iPhone
  • 0.00% - Blackberry 8900a
  • 0.00% - HTC P3701
  • 0.00% - Samsung SGH-I907

Actually, I might be one of the sidekick people. I should have mentioned that. Sidekicks have to have a special Sidekick internet package, which is different then just adding internet to other plans & phones. I didn't even want internet, I just wanted to download ringtones but you can't unless you get the package... which is were they get ya!

Actually, I might be one of the sidekick people. I should have mentioned that. Sidekicks have to have a special Sidekick internet package, which is different then just adding internet to other plans & phones. I didn't even want internet, I just wanted to download ringtones but you can't unless you get the package... which is were they get ya!

One down. Now we have to find the other couple of thousand Dangerous HAIFers.

Do you have any stats on what links/buttons are clicked the most on HAIF? I'd guess "view new posts" is number one. I was wondering how much people use the "top" button to go to the top of the page. It's definitely one of my favs

Here's the top 41 pages served on HAIF. The list shows both clicks from within HAIF (like categories and login buttons) and direct searches from outside of HAIF (like someone arriving from a Google search).

1. Index
  2. Going Up
  3. The Heights
  4. Historic Houston
  5. Houston Mod
  6. Katy and Points West
  7. The Great Northwest
  8. Traffic and Transportation
  9. Trains
  10. Coastal Prairie and Bay
  11. Houston Real Estate
  12. Downtown
  13. Houston Construction, Home Repair, and Improvement
  14. Houston Photos
  15. The East End
  16. Houston and the Media
  17. Montrose
  18. Darby Douglas fired from KHOU
  19. Houston Dining, Shopping and Entertainment
  20. Personal Messenger
  21. West Loop/Galleria/Memorial
  22. Sugar Land and the Southwest
  23. Moving to Houston
  24. Other Houston Neighborhoods
  25. Houston Neighborhoods
  26. Actor Shane Mcdermott from Airborne
  27. Hilton Garden Inn
  28. The Woodlands and Northern Pines
  29. Midtown
  30. Search
  31. Architects, Developers, and Designs
  32. W Hotel
  33. Brick: to paint or not to paint?
  34. 10 largest U.S. cities in square miles
  35. Login
  36. Going Up
  37. Crater Houston Alliance
  38. Pig Stand Closed/Closing?
  39. Astroworld Plot
  40. Other Houston
  41. Register

I'm part of the reason Heights is so far up there. That page is my bookmark. Count me for a dozen times a day on that one. I click View New Posts more though, more than once per visit.

What are the most HAIF-ing countries outside the U.S.?

Four minutes, 14 seconds per day.

This is the one that surprised me. It must mean that a whole lot of people end up here just checking a search, take a quick look, then go back. I would guess that even when committed membership is low, there is at least probably a fairly high HAIF-awareness in Houston, just from the number of people who have briefly stumbled through.

If there's any specific statistic you're interested in, let me know and I'll see if I can dig it out.

What about what operating systems people are on? How many of us are Mac, Linux or Windows users. Thanks!

Do you have any stats on what links/buttons are clicked the most on HAIF? I'd guess "view new posts" is number one. I was wondering how much people use the "top" button to go to the top of the page. It's definitely one of my favs

Okay, I have been a HAIFer for how long now, and I am just now seeing that button! Thanks for the tip.

I'm part of the reason Heights is so far up there. That page is my bookmark. Count me for a dozen times a day on that one. I click View New Posts more though, more than once per visit.

What are the most HAIF-ing countries outside the U.S.?

• 94.25% - United States
  • 00.85% - Canada
  • 00.74% - United Kingdom
  • 00.27% - France
  • 00.25% - India
  • 00.23% - Germany
  • 00.21% - Australia
  • 00.19% - Norway
  • 00.17% - Ireland
  • 00.14% - Mexico

Can't blame Subdude for the 00.17% Ireland. That number includes many hundreds of unique visitors.

This is the one that surprised me. It must mean that a whole lot of people end up here just checking a search, take a quick look, then go back. I would guess that even when committed membership is low, there is at least probably a fairly high HAIF-awareness in Houston, just from the number of people who have briefly stumbled through.

Yeah, there's a lot of people who arrive from a Google search, see the page they need, then move on. 57.22% to be exact.

I need to figure out how to entice those people to explore the rest of HAIF a little. Maybe they'd stick around. But I guess if you land on a page where people are being jerks to one another, you're not entirely interested in probing deeper.

Okay, I have been a HAIFer for how long now, and I am just now seeing that button! Thanks for the tip.

I remember complaining or something about having to scroll all the way back to the top. It was a few months later that I saw that button too. I don't know if it was always there and didn't notice it like you or if editor added it. I'm guessing it was me not seeing it. It's great though.

I remember complaining or something about having to scroll all the way back to the top. It was a few months later that I saw that button too. I don't know if it was always there and didn't notice it like you or if editor added it. I'm guessing it was me not seeing it. It's great though.

There are ways to accomplish the same thing in the the browser, but I forget all the keystrokes at times.

I bet a bunch of those were me. Somehow I lost my HAIF bookmark, and for at least a month, I just typed 'haif' into the google bar of my browser to get here. I probably did this 2-3 times a day. Don't ask me why I didn't just create a new bookmark until about a week ago. :unsure:

This is why you "save and quit" with your tabs on Firefox 3 when you shut down. Works like a charm. :lol:

Archived