KTRK ABC 13 Hires a new Weekend Anchor

Chris

KTRK-ABC 13 has hired a new weekend anchor/reporter. Her name is Katie McCall, she did a live report today for Live at Five. She will begin tommorrow morning with Andy Cerota at 5am.

KTRK-ABC 13 has hired a new weekend anchor/reporter. Her name is Katy McCall, she did a live report today for Live at Five. She will begin tommorrow morning with Ellissa Rivas at 5am.

Do you work at channel 13?

I thought they would get one of the reporters to do it since they had been doing it for awhile.

What about the 11:00am weekday news? no permanent anchors for the past 2-3 years.

Do you work at channel 13?

I thought they would get one of the reporters to do it since they had been doing it for awhile.

What about the 11:00am weekday news? no permanent anchors for the past 2-3 years.

Actually I don't work for ABC 13 yet, but I will begin my Internship with them in 2011.

They could promote a reporter to be an anchor but some reporters dont want to be anchors due to comfort zone or other reasons, and then if they make a reporter an anchor the station would have to hire a new reporter apposed to keeping people in their current positions and just hiring a reporter/anchor whose already done both sides of the job.

As far as a permanent anchor for the 11am newscast, they may have not found the perfect person. Sometimes stations look for a specific look. IE: Hair, Race, Man-Woman, Size, Experience especially doing a weekday show.

Actually I don't work for ABC 13 yet, but I will begin my Internship with them in 2011.

They could promote a reporter to be an anchor but some reporters dont want to be anchors due to comfort zone or other reasons, and then if they make a reporter an anchor the station would have to hire a new reporter apposed to keeping people in their current positions and just hiring a reporter/anchor whose already done both sides of the job.

As far as a permanent anchor for the 11am newscast, they may have not found the perfect person. Sometimes stations look for a specific look. IE: Hair, Race, Man-Woman, Size, Experience especially doing a weekday show.

How do you know so much? Is that what you are going to school for? You want to be an anchor? How do you know your internship that far out?

How do you know so much? Is that what you are going to school for? You want to be an anchor? How do you know your internship that far out?

Yes, I will attend either University of Houston or Sam Houston State University for a BA degree in Broadcast Journalism, and yes ABC 13 takes interns every year. I've already done a great deal of studying about this field of work, so I kind of know alot, but still way more for me to know and learn.

She was with 39 for a while, then went up to WBBM-TV (CBS O&O) in Chicago. She was there for about a year before being bounced. She must have sent multiple resumes to just about station in the market, but found no takers (her family is in Chicago). She tried to get back into 39 in Houston, but they wouldn't have her. By my estimate, it took about 18 months for her to find the KTRK gig. That's a long time for someone who looks like she does. Things must be getting tough out there.

Archived