Eaglewood Subdivision Sugar Land

Can anyone give me any information on Eaglewood subdivision in Sugarland???? The neighborhood looks nice, but I keep hearing so many bad things about it and the schools...Mary Austin Elementary and Hodges Bend Middle School. I'm considering a move there, but I'm not familiar with the area and I don't want to make a bad decision. Yet, on the other hand, I don't want to not make the move based on what little I've heard. Please help!

There are better neighborhoods for comparable prices. I live in West Oaks Village up the street. We have our own elementary school, are zoned for Crockett Middle on Beechnut (unscientifically better than Hodges Bend IMO) and just hired a Fort Bend Constable to patrol our neighborhood to ensure that crime stays low, solicitors stay out, speeding stays in down, and pass-through traffic (which encourages day-time burglaries) is down.

Eaglewood suffers from all those issues, plus more. Its a KB development that was propped up by ARM's. The only good thing that development did was extend Bissonnet to old FM1464. There have also been 4 murders and numerous car-jackings, mugging, and assaults in the area of SH6 & Bissonnet in the last year alone.

There are better neighborhoods for comparable prices. I live in West Oaks Village up the street. We have our own elementary school, are zoned for Crockett Middle on Beechnut (unscientifically better than Hodges Bend IMO) and just hired a Fort Bend Constable to patrol our neighborhood to ensure that crime stays low, solicitors stay out, speeding stays in down, and pass-through traffic (which encourages day-time burglaries) is down.

Eaglewood suffers from all those issues, plus more. Its a KB development that was propped up by ARM's. The only good thing that development did was extend Bissonnet to old FM1464. There have also been 4 murders and numerous car-jackings, mugging, and assaults in the area of SH6 & Bissonnet in the last year alone.

This is not a neighborhood I want to live in and especially with my son! I have the peace of mind to term the deal and look elsewhere. (DONE) My first intuition was in another subdivision (Westheimer Lakes), but I thought it was a little too far out. I should have done my research before making such a decision. Of course, I'm not familiar with that area either, but just in driving through the neighborhood, I can clearly see it's nothing like Eaglewood! I would rather drive a little further out and feel secure and happy with my home than to live in fear everytime I get home late or need to stop at the corner store. I know that crime can occur anywhere, but I want to do what I can to decrease the chances of becoming a victim. Thank a million for your input!

I'm a single parent and living on 1 income and so I'm a bit limited. I'm trying to stay 160k or less (but not too less....I see where it got me with Eaglewood). Not looking for a real fancy neighborhood. A community pool would be nice. I'm willing to pay a little higher in taxes and HOA fees. The schools and a decent neighborhood are at the top of my list. I hear great things about Katy ISD. Any input?

Well, for 160k you could look in my neighborhood, since you're already in the area. 3/2/2 homes in West Oaks Village are going for about 130-140k right now with the economy. If you could catch one for 130k then you could do whatever upgrades you might need. The homes are 10-12 years old. We've got our own pool, with in walking distance for most of the neighborhood - as is the elementary and high school. The middle school is the only one you would have to commute to as its outside of the neighborhood.

TxDot is working on expanding FM1464 to four lanes plus turn lanes, but should be done by this Christmas. Our neighborhood is 12 years old so we do have some shade from our growing oak trees. Like I said above, we just got a Constable contract and crime is pretty low in the neighborhood. We just replaced all the neighborhood fence and TxDot is building a sound barrier wall along FM1464.

We're also the first light after the tollway, and there is an entrance/exit ramp for FM1464, so access is easy and we have multiple exits and entrances to the neighborhood. So unlike a place like Greatwood, it doesn't take 15 minutes (literally with all the speed zones and stop signs) just to get out of the neighborhood.

The neighborhood is pretty diverse, as I see all races/ethnicities on my street. White, Black, Asian, & Hispanic. Pretty even mix. You'll see a lot of that silly MPC brochure style dog walking and front yard flower-bed pruning too.

You can PM if you'd like, my next door neighbor just put his 4/2/2 up for $160k. Whatever you choose, good luck!

Try Covington Woods in Sugar Land. It's one of Sugar Lands oldest neighborhoods. Most homes were built in the 70's. Nothing fancy but it's safe and most people living there are very nice and the schools are good. It was the first neighborhood we lived in when we moved to Sugar Land over 20 years ago. Still have a lot of friends there.

So unlike a place like Greatwood, it doesn't take 15 minutes (literally with all the speed zones and stop signs) just to get out of the neighborhood.

Exaggerate much? I live in the back of Greatwood and it takes me 5 minutes to get out of my garage on to the access road of 59. Just thought I'd clear that up because I believe Greatwood would be a great place for the original poster to look at homes. There are nice homes in the price range they talked about, and Greatwood is a fully completed, 25-year old established community with big trees and great people.

Well, for 160k you could look in my neighborhood, since you're already in the area. 3/2/2 homes in West Oaks Village are going for about 130-140k right now with the economy. If you could catch one for 130k then you could do whatever upgrades you might need. The homes are 10-12 years old. We've got our own pool, with in walking distance for most of the neighborhood - as is the elementary and high school. The middle school is the only one you would have to commute to as its outside of the neighborhood.

TxDot is working on expanding FM1464 to four lanes plus turn lanes, but should be done by this Christmas. Our neighborhood is 12 years old so we do have some shade from our growing oak trees. Like I said above, we just got a Constable contract and crime is pretty low in the neighborhood. We just replaced all the neighborhood fence and TxDot is building a sound barrier wall along FM1464.

We're also the first light after the tollway, and there is an entrance/exit ramp for FM1464, so access is easy and we have multiple exits and entrances to the neighborhood. So unlike a place like Greatwood, it doesn't take 15 minutes (literally with all the speed zones and stop signs) just to get out of the neighborhood.

The neighborhood is pretty diverse, as I see all races/ethnicities on my street. White, Black, Asian, & Hispanic. Pretty even mix. You'll see a lot of that silly MPC brochure style dog walking and front yard flower-bed pruning too.

You can PM if you'd like, my next door neighbor just put his 4/2/2 up for $160k. Whatever you choose, good luck!

Well, sounds like I have quite a few options! Thanks....I guess I'll be on the house hunting adventure again.

Well, sounds like I have quite a few options! I guess I'll be on a house hunting adventure again! thanks

Exaggerate much? I live in the back of Greatwood and it takes me 5 minutes to get out of my garage on to the access road of 59. Just thought I'd clear that up because I believe Greatwood would be a great place for the original poster to look at homes. There are nice homes in the price range they talked about, and Greatwood is a fully completed, 25-year old established community with big trees and great people.

I'm sure the greatest people on this planet live in Greatwood, otherwise, why would they call it Greatwood?

For my friend who lived in the back of the neighborhood on Blue Spring Bonnet for three years, there was nothing great about spending 15 minutes, YES, literally 15 consecutive one minute intervals just trying to get out of the neighborhood during the morning rush, and the same during the evening rush.

I would visit him on the weekends and it would take me no less than 10 minutes from turning into the neighborhood to pulling in his driveway. Of course I obeyed all the speed limits, stoped at all the stop signs, and slowed down any time I saw kids on bikes.

I'm sure the greatest people on this planet live in Greatwood, otherwise, why would they call it Greatwood?

For my friend who lived in the back of the neighborhood on Blue Spring Bonnet for three years, there was nothing great about spending 15 minutes, YES, literally 15 consecutive one minute intervals just trying to get out of the neighborhood during the morning rush, and the same during the evening rush.

I would visit him on the weekends and it would take me no less than 10 minutes from turning into the neighborhood to pulling in his driveway. Of course I obeyed all the speed limits, stoped at all the stop signs, and slowed down any time I saw kids on bikes.

I drive it everyday and it's 5 minutes from access road to my door, and vice versa. I'm back in Stonebridge. If you go out the main entrance on Greatwood Pkwy in the morning, that is backed up, but you can drive one minute further north and get out of Greatwood via the Riverbrook entrance with no wait and be further down 59 anyway. Simply, 15 minutes is no longer applicable to the area. Just saying.

just imagine if you ever had to live in South Park if Eaglewood is considered rough :rolleyes:

anything close that's affordable will have its problem in that area of Sugarland as it's the alief spillover...

lol.. How does that old saying go? You can put lipstick on pig...

The fact remains that for a suburb of this area - the crime is beyond too high, both in and around the neighborhood. The schools show some of the lowest scores for the area, there are dozens of ARM related foreclosures. And, for all intensive purposes, I would equate KB builders to that of the quality of the construction of homes in Southpark.

• The title was changed to Eaglewood Subdivision Sugar Land

Archived