Where will the yuppies park?  There is no parking as it is.

Totally correct. I went to get some Ice Cream last night and the parking lot was completetly full. There was not much big in terms of sports on TV, but still not enough parking for BW3. I can not believe another resturant / coffee house is opening up there. If you can't find a spot nearby to park then you will most likely go elsewhere.

^  and right here is the reason developers keep building business structures with surface parking attached.

I don't understand how this is the smart solution - i.e. structures with surface parking attached. It would seem to me that there must be much more logical solutions with long-term objectives in mind for the area.

If this is the reason that developers keep building business structure with surface parking attached, then I can't help but conclude that these developers are short-sighted.

I don't understand how this is the smart solution - i.e. structures with surface parking attached.  It would seem to me that there must be much more logical solutions with long-term objectives in mind for the area. 

If this is the reason that developers keep building business structure with surface parking attached, then I can't help but conclude that these developers are short-sighted.

It is probably cheaper for them to build surface parking rather than buidling multi-story parking structure or providing underground parking. Since there are no restrictions/ordinances in places to force the developers pursue those options, they would do whats cheapest for them. And therein lies the reason behind ugly features of our city such as strip centers with bland/tasteless facades, huge surface parking lots and that thin, yellow building in Uptown.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Deco last night. Cool interior, great bartenders. Kind of early when I went, so not that full, at least inside, didn't see the patio. More a of laid back lounge atmosphere. Two nice plasmas on the wall (standard now I guess), nice bar stool area, and then a few couches and a patio. I guess Thursday was the big opening party, and now they are waiting on word of mouth to spread. Crowd was mixed. Definitely a nice addition to the Midtown scene.

Hopefully it will work out.

I went to Deco.

Ho hum. Yawn. Beautiful place, but at the end of the day, it's just another bar in midtown. Midtown does not need another bar.

Plus, Deco has a bad location. The front entrance is at the back of the shopping plaza. That would be ok, IF the windows weren't covered with curtains. The averge joe walking or driving by wouldn't know what it was.

Now we have to gear up for Pub Fiction (another bar) which will open in a month or two, and Christian's Tailgate (another bar) which is going to open later this month.

For some reason, all we're getting are bars, lounges and sports bars. I've got plenty of places to grab a beer and the game, plenty of places to get drunk at after the game, but few places to get a decent meal and buy a few more retail items.

I went to Deco on Friday night with friends and had a good time. We sat outside on the porch. On Saturday, i went and tried out their coffee. During the day they are a coffee bar. The coffee was suprisingly good. I agree that there are lots of bars around the area - but a good coffeehouse? It's severely lacking.

Im spoke to the owners and they were ironing out all the teething problems before marketing.

I probably won't go there much at night. But I will definitely be going there to gat a cup of joe on the weekends! Plus they have free wifi internet unlike other places...

I went to Deco.

Ho hum. Yawn. Beautiful place, but at the end of the day, it's just another bar in midtown. Midtown does not need another bar.

Plus, Deco has a bad location. The front entrance is at the back of the shopping plaza. That would be ok, IF the windows weren't covered  with curtains. The averge joe walking or driving by wouldn't know what it was.

Now we have to gear up for Pub Fiction (another bar) which will open in a month or two, and Christian's Tailgate (another bar) which is going to open later this month.

For some reason, all we're getting are bars, lounges and sports bars. I've got plenty of places to grab a beer and the game, plenty of places to get drunk at after the game, but few places to get a decent meal and buy a few more retail items.

I probably won't go there much at night.  But I will definitely be going there to gat a cup of joe on the weekends!  Plus they have free wifi internet unlike other places...

Have not made it there at night but met up with some co-workers during the day for coffee. The wi-fi made working there easy. Had been looking for a place that had wireless to meet with people - this place is perfect for it.