Friday is Go Texan Day

editor

A dreaded time for many longtime Houston born/raised citizens. All the fake cowboy and gals emerge ie; designer jeans, boots, 10 gallon hats. When it blows over all the garb goes to storage? Donate it people. ^_^ Yeahahhh!

I best go back to choppin cotton & bailing hay y'all.

I worked for Stelzig's in the 70's when it was still on Preston and Louisiana...you could always tell when it was "rodeo time" by all the wannabees coming into the store for their "rodeo get-ups"... some of the outfits people bought to make them "Go Texan"... :wacko:

you could always tell the real from fake if they had "poop" on their boots and weren't hollerin' about it. :lol:

I remember when the schools would let out for Go Texan Day so that you could go downtown to watch the parade. Houston's equivalent to Louisana's Mardi Gras week maybe? I had a little clip on bow tie thing that had GO on one ribbon and TEXAN on the other. Fun times.

A coworker was just telling me about the school closing for the rodeo way back when. He went to Catholic school, though, so he didn't get the day off and had to watch the trail riders go by from his classroom window.

A coworker was just telling me about the school closing for the rodeo way back when. He went to Catholic school, though, so he didn't get the day off and had to watch the trail riders go by from his classroom window.

Those mean nuns!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived