Portrait Homes/Pasquinelli Ceases Building

houstongirl

It looks like the Portrait Homes development (a.k.a. Vintage Royale) has halted completion. I suspect their other incomplete properties are in the same state.

http://www.bigbuilderonline.com/industry-n...rticleID=878923

This is very alarming to me, as the newest, unfinished section of their townhomes is literally falling apart before my eyes. The two sections were heavily damaged in the hurricane, and have sat unattended, rotting away ever since. The section that was only a frame partially collapsed in the storm, and more fell with the storms we had 2 weeks ago. Not only is their property unsightly, but it is hazardous as well.

About 3 weeks ago, a crew came out and completed the brick on 3 more units. Since then, they put up 2 'sold' signs, but no other work has been done. I'm guessing the company bailed out before closing was completed.

Last week, trucks came by and removed the "sales offices" from the property. The phone line still works, but all you get it voicemail, with no return phone calls. You can see these buildings from my front yard, and it is upsetting because we had planned on selling our house soon. I certainly wouldn't purchase a home that looked out on this eyesore.

Strangely, the last remaining wooded section in the back left corner of this development has been cleared in the past week. Any ideas on what they plan to do with this land? It doesn't seem easily accessible.

It looks like the Portrait Homes development (a.k.a. Vintage Royale) has halted completion. I suspect their other incomplete properties are in the same state.

http://www.bigbuilderonline.com/industry-n...rticleID=878923

This is very alarming to me, as the newest, unfinished section of their townhomes is literally falling apart before my eyes. The two sections were heavily damaged in the hurricane, and have sat unattended, rotting away ever since. The section that was only a frame partially collapsed in the storm, and more fell with the storms we had 2 weeks ago. Not only is their property unsightly, but it is hazardous as well.

About 3 weeks ago, a crew came out and completed the brick on 3 more units. Since then, they put up 2 'sold' signs, but no other work has been done. I'm guessing the company bailed out before closing was completed.

Last week, trucks came by and removed the "sales offices" from the property. The phone line still works, but all you get it voicemail, with no return phone calls. You can see these buildings from my front yard, and it is upsetting because we had planned on selling our house soon. I certainly wouldn't purchase a home that looked out on this eyesore.

Strangely, the last remaining wooded section in the back left corner of this development has been cleared in the past week. Any ideas on what they plan to do with this land? It doesn't seem easily accessible.

Nice. They cut down a forest of trees on Louetta and Holzworth. I figured something was (not) happening, when the weeds started to get 5' tall and finally their sign collapsed to the ground.

Wish we could get the trees back. :(

Wish we could get the trees back. :(

Same here. Our property backs up to what was formerly Compaq property. It was a beautifully wooded lot, until Portrait got a hold of it. What a waste.

Over the weekend, there was a man, his wife, and kid driving around on the property. We noticed he was taking down sections of the fence that had just been replaced after the hurricane. My husband asked him what he was doing, and the guy responded that "the builder wants to move the fence back about 4 feet." So, why is it he drove off with the fence sections in his truck and never returned???

We would have called the police, but it turns out it's the same guy we called the police about a month ago. At that point, he was walking through the unfinished homes around 8 p.m. When the cops came, he said "I work here, and I'm just looking for my friend who is staying in one of these houses." Needless to say, Precinct 4 let him go.

Another odd thing, is that Portrait Homes was paying a man living in his van to be overnight security. He left his run-down van there during the hurricane.... and it is STILL there!!! Technically, it is on private property, so the police won't move it.

We walked over there last weekend, and the vacant homes are full of smashed beer bottles and cans. It seems it's the new hangout for the local teens.

The entire thing is a disgrace!

I am considering calling the county to see if we can have the barricade that used to separate the subdivision replaced. We need to keep out the kids and who knows what else.

• 3 weeks later...

It turns out the Water Authority has claimed this parcel of land. They're adding a pump facility, a disinfection facility, and 2 retention ponds (mosquito pits). The project is scheduled to be finished by the end of 2009.

*Now that the fence blocking the view of land has been stolen, it will surely add a lovely sight for the folks on my street.

Anyone know who would be the best choice to contact about cleaning up the Portrait Homes mess? County offices, etc.?

Archived