University of Houston Clear Lake Pearland Campus Developments

totheskies

Sounds like they should consider a distinctive name so that average people won't get them confused with any other school there.

It isn't clear to me whether this is a whole new university (like UH-Downtown or UH-Clear Lake) or just a satellite campus (like the ones in Cinco Ranch and Sugar Land).

It isn't clear to me whether this is a whole new university (like UH-Downtown or UH-Clear Lake) or just a satellite campus (like the ones in Cinco Ranch and Sugar Land).

It's going to start as a satellite campus, with hopes for expansion in the near future. The next site for the establishment of another full university is Sugar Land, then probably Pearland.

This is actually a University of Houston - Clear Lake satellite campus.

Are you referring to ACC Pearland? Some of the UHCL instructors teach there as well, but I think this is different.

Both of the current satellietes cooperate with other UH system universities... for example at Sugar Land, about half of the courses offerred are through UH main, and about half are through UH Victoria. Both institutions teach at the satellite centers. The new Pearland branch campus will probably have a fair amount of UHCL and UH interaction.

Are you referring to ACC Pearland? Some of the UHCL instructors teach there as well, but I think this is different.

Both of the current satellietes cooperate with other UH system universities... for example at Sugar Land, about half of the courses offerred are through UH main, and about half are through UH Victoria. Both institutions teach at the satellite centers. The new Pearland branch campus will probably have a fair amount of UHCL and UH interaction.

UHCL - Pearland Campus

^^Yeah, but when you're dealing with branch campuses, it's just UofH. Even if most of the courses end up as UHCL, it's going to be a part of the "main campus" as well. I'm sure that it won't be a "branch" of UHCL though.

Im already confused. Is this part of UHCentral in downtown?

I am so confused. Can someone explain how the UH system operates again? Pretty please? How is UHD NOT a part of the system but bears the name while UH-Pearland is part of the UH system? I thought UH-Clear Lake was part of the system, too, but no?

I am so confused. Can someone explain how the UH system operates again? Pretty please? How is UHD NOT a part of the system but bears the name while UH-Pearland is part of the UH system? I thought UH-Clear Lake was part of the system, too, but no?

Maybe this link might help: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...=17276&st=0

It's a long thread.

UHD is part of the system. Just like UTSA is part of the UT system. However, they are separate universities that grant separate degrees. Just like UT/UTSA, for example.

UHCentral is the system with other separate parts in different parts of town. Some schools like this one in Pear Land is a conglomeration of UHClearlake and UHCentral, and UHCincoranch. Others like the one in the Wood Lands is part of UHCentral which is across downtown from UHDowntown.

Cool I didn't realize there was an education thread.

UHCentral is the system with other separate parts in different parts of town. Some schools like this one in Pear Land is a conglomeration of UHClearlake and UHCentral, and UHCincoranch. Others like the one in the Wood Lands is part of UHCentral which is across downtown from UHDowntown.

Close, but not quite...

Basically you've got two categories of schools... home institutions and branch campuses.

UHS home institutions-- these are separate universities that offer degrees independent of the other ones...

University of Houston (central)

UH-Downtown

UH-Clear Lake

UH-Victoria

current branch campuses-- these are operated by the UH System, which means that all of the universities "share" the location. So on any given day, you'll have teachers coming in from UH, UHD, UHV and UHCL all teaching courses in the same location. Branch campuses do NOT grant degrees, but can allow a student to take a couple of classes closer to home.

UHS-Sugar Land

UHS-Cinco Ranch

planned or soon to be constructed branch campuses

UH-Pearland

UH-Northwest (probably in Tomball)

The system master plan calls for the next university to be established at Sugar Land, so UHSSL will eventually become its own independent institution.

There is also the University Center at the Woodlands, but this is NOT UofH. It is actually a "branch campus" that is operated by Lone Star College, and shares six different Universities... UH, UHD, UHV, TSU, Sam Houston, and SFA. Again it is an on-site center that allows people to take a couple of classes close to home.

Does this make sense?

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to University of Houston Clear Lake Pearland Campus Developments

Archived