Carpet cleaning recommendation?

I tried doing a search but nothing came up. Small condo on the third level, just needs to have the carpet cleaned. Anyone have a good referral?

Queens did a good job for me. There is a coupon on their website too.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have a recommendation on a carpet cleaning product that I can purchase and use myself? I have a relatively small area that needs to be cleaned and doesn't justify the cost of a professional cleaning service. It's about a 2'x3' high traffic area on berber carpet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a carpet cleaning product that I can purchase and use myself? I have a relatively small area that needs to be cleaned and doesn't justify the cost of a professional cleaning service. It's about a 2'x3' high traffic area on berber carpet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rug Doctor. They're everywhere for rental. Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes, Berings, etc.......

About $25 to rent machine.. another $12-$13 for bottle of cleaner. Can buy a bigger bottle since it's yours and can use another time....

But I would suggest renting one from Berings or a place like that... I wouldn't rent one from Walmart... Lord knows what kind of crap someone would put in one rented at Walmart. The typical Walmart customer probably rents the machine only... goes home... puts dishwashing detergent or laundry detergent in it.

Get a clean machine... I'm renting one from Bering's this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Rug Doctor. They're everywhere for rental. Home Depot, Walmart, Lowes, Berings, etc.......

About $25 to rent machine.. another $12-$13 for bottle of cleaner. Can buy a bigger bottle since it's yours and can use another time....

But I would suggest renting one from Berings or a place like that... I wouldn't rent one from Walmart... Lord knows what kind of crap someone would put in one rented at Walmart. The typical Walmart customer probably rents the machine only... goes home... puts dishwashing detergent or laundry detergent in it.

Get a clean machine... I'm renting one from Bering's this weekend.

Thanks, but I meant like a spray or powder cleaner that I can buy anywhere and use with my vacuum. I simply don't need to rent a machine to clean the small space I need to clean. Or maybe I do...Anyone have any experiences with products or ideas I can use?

Thanks, but I meant like a spray or powder cleaner that I can buy anywhere and use with my vacuum. I simply don't need to rent a machine to clean the small space I need to clean. Or maybe I do...Anyone have any experiences with products or ideas I can use?

Hmmmm... I only know a "sure thing" as far as spot removal... for pet stains, etc. Forgot the name but it's a blue liquid in a bottle I get at Jack's Carpet. Best stuff I've ever used in my life... better than all the typical crap they sell everywhere.... and I've tried them all in the past....

And I've decided to use Steam Express.... based on couple of recommendations from co-workers... vs. doing on my own renting a Rug Doctor... costs a little more but rather have some experts do it...

Archived