Atma At McGowen: Condominiums At 1403 McGowen St.

lockmat

Per the Planning Commission meeting, the people below will be putting up a two story building with lower being retail/commercial and second floor residential/office.

http://parradesigngroup.com/

Hope I'm not creating a duplicate topic.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/gallery/1221772513/gallery_723_64_1972.jpg

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/gallery/1221772513/gallery_723_64_3003.jpg

They are required to keep the trees

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/gallery/1221772513/med_gallery_723_64_49825.jpg

• Like 1

If it's anything like the firm's other projects, then it should fit in well with the midtown gentrification trends, sans Perry. Oh, and the retail is a plus.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This project has been delayed for quite some time so take this with a grain of salt.

I spoke to who I thought was the developer or someone close to the developer today over the phone.

I asked him when he thinks the project would be completed. He said 12-14 months until it is completed, and then when he said - are you talking about retail or office, i said office... he said more like 14 months.

He said they were finalizing the desing and in 1 months time there will be more information at the physical site.

So, if the statements above are true, groundbreaking should be somewhat soon.

• Like 1

This project has been delayed for quite some time so take this with a grain of salt.

I spoke to who I thought was the developer or someone close to the developer today over the phone.

I asked him when he thinks the project would be completed. He said 12-14 months until it is completed, and then when he said - are you talking about retail or office, i said office... he said more like 14 months.

He said they were finalizing the desing and in 1 months time there will be more information at the physical site.

So, if the statements above are true, groundbreaking should be somewhat soon.

Per InnerLooped yesterday, Elizabeth Glover Park across Austin St from this site will be revitalized and should take a year to complete. So the timing of this info above doesn't suprise me at all ...these projects should really do wonders for revitalizing the lower McGowen corridor.

http://innerlooped.com/975/meeting-today-about-a-new-park-in-midtown/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

These signs have been posted for years on this lot! I would have loved to see this come up, however all that is there now is a bunch of homeless and a boarded up former prostitution house!

let me add too, that retail on this corner doesn't make too much sense. Most retail has been kept west of Main street in the midtown area.

These signs have been posted for years on this lot! I would have loved to see this come up, however all that is there now is a bunch of homeless and a boarded up former prostitution house!

let me add too, that retail on this corner doesn't make too much sense. Most retail has been kept west of Main street in the midtown area.

Not sure where you've been, but that house was demolished months ago. The discussion on the plans for this lot are new (I've talked with the designers). Midtown also just received the funding for it so it is now happening. They are in the process of finalizing the designs right now.

Edited by brian0123

Not sure where you've been, but that house was demolished months ago. The discussion on the plans for this lot are new (I've talked with the designers). Midtown also just received the funding for it so it is now happening. They are in the process of finalizing the designs right now.

The house I was referring to right there south of McGowen @ LA Branch (and just south of this proposed project) is still boarded up. Someone bought the first house and has cleaned it up, but the second, closer to McGowen has random signs for a Car Wash and is in serious demise. And yes, that corner, with the Metro stop is crime central!

Edited by stmkit37

The house I was referring to right there south of McGowen @ LA Branch (and just south of this proposed project) is still boarded up. Someone bought the first house and has cleaned it up, but the second, closer to McGowen has random signs for a Car Wash and is in serious demise. And yes, that corner, with the Metro stop is crime central!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were referring to Glover Park. The lot you are referring to is still waiting for funding (last I heard).

I live in that first house (2502 La Branch) with my friends. We ourselves want the property next door to us (one with the MidTown Carwash sign) gone as crack dealers from 3rd Ward usually go into the backyard of that property to handle their business. We've called the cops numerous times on them, as well as let the owner know (whom lives in Austin IIRC) but nothing has ever been done.

Until tonight ....cops were on that property, I assume busting up a crack deal. Bout Damn Time.

And FTR - I can't wait until that proposed development is built. It will really help the McGowen corridor and take away the bums playground in one single shot.

Edited by tigereye

I live in that first house (2502 La Branch) with my friends. We ourselves want the property next door to us (one with the MidTown Carwash sign) gone as crack dealers from 3rd Ward usually go into the backyard of that property to handle their business. We've called the cops numerous times on them, as well as let the owner know (whom lives in Austin IIRC) but nothing has ever been done.

Until tonight ....cops were on that property, I assume busting up a crack deal. Bout Damn Time.

And FTR - I can't wait until that proposed development is built. It will really help the McGowen corridor and take away the bums playground in one single shot.

Very cool. I'm curious, but could you share some of the story on your house? I noticed it was renovated last year. Do you all rent it? It looks like an awesome place.

Edited by brian0123

Very cool. I'm curious, but could you share some of the story on your house? I noticed it was renovated last year. Do you all rent it? It looks like an awesome place.

A good friend of mine bought the place in February 2009 and we rent in. The home was gutted and completely renovated then (finishing in June of that year). The house kept much of its same classical look, existing wood floors and wall paneling refinished. Supposedly the house was built in 1893 ...or so I've heard. But it's awesome to live in.

Edited by tigereye

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:08 PM, Urbannizer said:

Quick search reveals the rendering is for a project in Toronto, see image 14.

http://www.talkcondo.com/toronto/rise-condos/

That's somehow a relief, yet disappointing at the same time.  Wonder why they would use another firms rendering on their website?

• Like 1