Chris Baker Talk Show

jmancuso

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just when I thought KTRH and KPRC couldn't suck more than they already do, they get rid of the best thing they had. Didn't always agree with him but enjoyed listening to him over the past 5 or 6 years.

This happened today? Who is in his place?

I'm indifferent that baker has left. He was fun to listen to for awhile, but he started grating on my nerves when I started to realize he never really took a stand on a topic, rarely explained his stand, and always cut off or mocked callers that didn't match his views.

So long CB.

he never really took a stand on a topic, rarely explained his stand, and always cut off or mocked callers that didn't match his views.

Very true. It was frustrating as a listener. He rarely discussed anything in depth. It was all surface-level. I doubt he'll be replaced by anyone better, though, given the path of talk radio of late.

I remember the day KLOL switched to Mexican rap. Baker and Charles were laughing about all the guys with mullets in Pasadena crying in their Camaros. While that's a funny image, I thought "You guys are dicks. Now I can't hear 'Freebird' at least once an hour on the radio anymore."

The next day I bought a Sirius receiver and haven't heard local radio since.

And this bird, you'll never change.

I remember the day KLOL switched to Mexican rap. Baker and Charles were laughing about all the guys with mullets in Pasadena crying in their Camaros. While that's a funny image, I thought "You guys are dicks. Now I can't hear 'Freebird' at least once an hour on the radio anymore."

The next day I bought a Sirius receiver and haven't heard local radio since.

And this bird, you'll never change.

I hear ya', brother.

After KTRH started switching to a mostly talk radio format with very little actual news, I got XM. Love it. Never going back.

Baker and Hunt are terrible on their own merits, and were a disaster together.

Hunt. We'll let's just remember "Tits McGee" from Anchor Man.

Baker. Well anyone who says "Butch Up" is a dang carpetbagger.

It was all about "them".

Baker forced my wife to get Sirrius when she used to commute.

I used to listen to Chris, but he started getting on my nerves. This news was surprising, though.

I cannot stand Mancow.

Like Mancow, just can't stand his Marissa and Mini Freak losers on his show. Marissa is 10x worse than Hunt.

I'm sick and tired of all the bombastic political crap on our so-called AM talk radio stations - and it's only going to get worse as the 2008 election nears. Chris Baker on KTRH offered an occasional bit of comic relief.

A Sirius subscription isn't in my budget, so I'll see what's on NPR and other FM stations.

• 2 weeks later...
Just when I thought KTRH and KPRC couldn't suck more than they already do, they get rid of the best thing they had. Didn't always agree with him but enjoyed listening to him over the past 5 or 6 years.

You're kidding???!!! Baker is gone?!

Maybe he'll wind up on KSEV...they got Pat Grey...

I'm indifferent that baker has left. He was fun to listen to for awhile, but he started grating on my nerves when I started to realize he never really took a stand on a topic, rarely explained his stand, and always cut off or mocked callers that didn't match his views. So long CB.
If callers are idiots they deserve to be mocked. Not ALL points are valid or correct and when wrong they should be pointed out and stood up to.That's why I like Michael Savage. He doesn't tolerate fools either.I'll miss Chris Baker if he doesn't land on KSEV.
Like Mancow, just can't stand his Marissa and Mini Freak losers on his show. Marissa is 10x worse than Hunt.
I like Mancow's views, but I don't like these shows like Walton and Johnson and Mancow where they just act like clowns...and dilute the topic at hand...I prefer the Michael Savage approach.

I heard about it on the Isaiah Carey blog. I am not surprised with the tilt to political crap KTRH has gone to lately. I have just about given up AM talk radio and resort to listening to podcasts (recorded to CD-ROM) in my car.

It gives me a chance to listen to what EYE want to listen to.

It's a little more of a hassle, but since I do not have dockable iPod radio in my car it is the best solution for now.

After thinking about this topic for a few days, I am left wondering how Michael Berry ended up with the program manager job (wasn't he in real estate a long time ago?) and who the hell told him he was talented to begin with? Has anyone here listened to his show? He sounds like a cliche of talk radio most days and went straight from being a hack politician to a hack radio talker.

Maybe I'm missing something... But Michael Berry firing Chris Baker just doesn't add up in my little mind. Seems kind of backward.

I liked him I always thought he was generally funny though I did not always agree with him. I remember when he used to have that other guy come on and do the Sean Connery impression. He always kept me entertained during traffic on the way home.

• 1 year later...
I love the conservative Blow hards, and I love that you guys hate them. I listen to Rush, Hannity, and Michael Savage occasionally, when I am not listening to sports talk radio or Cspan on the way to and from work.

I don't enjoy listening to Michael Berry.

I really like listening to Dan Patrick on 700am at 4pm (he's not on Fridays). He's in the Texas senate and talks about all kinds of different real issues, but without the hype. One thing I dislike about conservative talk radio from the other guys is all the sarcasm etc. Dan pretty much sticks to the facts and stays civilized. He seems pretty sensible.

I've never listened to Chris Baker. What time will he be coming on?

I don't enjoy listening to Michael Berry.

I really like listening to Dan Patrick on 700am at 4pm (he's not on Fridays). He's in the Texas senate and talks about all kinds of different real issues, but without the hype. One thing I dislike about conservative talk radio from the other guys is all the sarcasm etc. Dan pretty much sticks to the facts and stays civilized. He seems pretty sensible.

I've never listened to Chris Baker. What time will he be coming on?

I don't agree w/Dan Patrick on just about everything but I have to agree with you that he is about the most civil talk show host out there. Now if he could only teach some of that civility to Pat Grey.

I don't agree w/Dan Patrick on just about everything but I have to agree with you that he is about the most civil talk show host out there. Now if he could only teach some of that civility to Pat Grey.

Patrick has been on Houston radio for a long time . He's toned it down since he's become an elected official . Before that he was at times as nasty and sarcastic as the rest of them .

I love the conservative Blow hards, and I love that you guys hate them. I listen to Rush, Hannity, and Michael Savage occasionally, when I am not listening to sports talk radio or Cspan on the way to and from work.

Really I am just glad these 3 I mentioned are on the air. I really can not listen to them spout on for long other than Sean Hannity he is a little more mainstream it seems and has a little more humility than the other two I mentioned.

I also have enjoyed listening to Joe Pags lately although I do not agree with him all the time he is entertaining and I can tolerate this show a little.

Archived