Defensive Driving

20thStDad

Woohoo, got me a ticket! It's been 5 years since I did the defensive driving thing so I can do it for this. Has anyone taken it from on-demand Time Warner? Would you suggest not doing that for any reason? I'm thinking that's the easiest option because I can drink while doing it, without shoes on.

No I haven't done it that way. But I have done it online and I liked the ability to due it anywhere I was online and the fact that I could stop and start at will, and do it at my own pace.

I've done the online program for the same reason. You can do it piecemeal. You can finish a section while chowing down your microwave lunch at work and in lieu of some pre-bed reading. You have a certain amount of flexibility with On-Demand. My main hesitation with the Comcast program would be with the response/synching of the system, which can be a real frustration when viewing other On-Demand programs.

Woohoo, got me a ticket! It's been 5 years since I did the defensive driving thing so I can do it for this. Has anyone taken it from on-demand Time Warner? Would you suggest not doing that for any reason? I'm thinking that's the easiest option because I can drink while doing it, without shoes on.

Go with the internet. Have done a couple of the comedy defensive driving courses online and are much better than the video option.

Thanks, I may do the internet then. I doubt my wife wants to watch that on the tv anyway.

So a red light does count against my driving record, right? Just making sure I need to take defensive driving. According to the materials I got with the ticket it's 2 points for a moving violation not involving an accident when violating state law, and 0 points when violating city ordinance such as HOV violation. I have to think red light is at least a state law. It's not the most comprehensive table, however.

Thanks, I may do the internet then. I doubt my wife wants to watch that on the tv anyway.

So a red light does count against my driving record, right? Just making sure I need to take defensive driving. According to the materials I got with the ticket it's 2 points for a moving violation not involving an accident when violating state law, and 0 points when violating city ordinance such as HOV violation. I have to think red light is at least a state law. It's not the most comprehensive table, however.

You are correct. It does count on your record. Did you roll a right turn or push the "auburn" rule?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Did the defensive driving online with these folks: https://www.wheelsinmotion.com/AboutTheCour...?View=Streaming

Worked well, pretty easy. I played Tecmo Bowl and watched TV the whole time I was doing it, and still passed easily.

Reviving an old thread....

I got a speeding ticket and I need to take defensive driving soon. I was going to try it online.

Curious if anyone has any new input or recommendations for online defensive driving in the last two years since this thread was active.

I checked out Wheels in Motion website mentioned above and they look fine to me.

Also looked at DefensiveDriving.com.

Anyone else I should consider? Any company better that any other?

Thanks!

My wife just went the same route I did after getting busted. Since this thread, I got another ticket (and opened another thread on it somewhere) and successfully challenged it with a lawyer (I totally was not speeding). Had to pay the lawyer, but got the ticket throw out. Not everyone has the same results, mine was kind of odd.

Archived