Train Car- Diner?

NenaE

I remember seeing a silver train car - streamlined style sitting, maybe abandoned, out in a field at the corner of 1960 & Hardy Rd (before there was a toll rd). Would have been in 1981. Does anyone remember it? Small rd. nearby would have been Meyer Rd. Looked as if it could have been a diner, at one time.

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by there, in recent years, to check it out, it was gone. In the early 80's, it had a lot of brush grown up around it. Very mysterious. If it was a diner, it was probably when the dirt or shell road that fronts it was the only road there, the old road parallels the train tracks.

You know, that reminds me, I did see what appeared to be a train car-like diner somewhere in Houston...but it was on the west side.

Goode Co. Seafood (Westpark) has one, also seem to remember one on Westheimer out around Trulucks???

Goode Co. Seafood (Westpark) has one, also seem to remember one on Westheimer out around Trulucks???

The northside one looked like those, it was silver. It had that cool streamlined look to it.

^Maybe the Droubi's that used to be on Kirby and Main?

The historicaerials.com 1981 map of Meyer and Hardy show something that looks like a rail car at the SW corner of the intersection:

http://www.historicaerials.com/?poi=4329

mmm, but look around it...there are a few of those shapes...more likely trailers (singlewide), mobile home...whatever they are called. There is one still there in the later pics.

• The title was changed to Train Car- Diner?

Archived