Las Alamedas Restaurant At 8165 Katy Fwy.

• 2 weeks later...

Overheard from a reliable source today that Las Alamedas is relocating. And when I drove by earlier -- sure enough! -- I saw moving trucks out front. No word yet on what will be done with the building itself or where Las Alamedas will be moving to.

Ahh, they'll probably tear the building down and build a CVS whose parking lot has a nice view. Between this, and the Wilshire Village, and the Tudor house on Hyde Park, and the Staub demo, I'm not feelin' the love for our old wide open real estate market these days.

That building has always had such a stately presence. It always seemed or at least I assumed it was a very classy, elegant and expensive place. Went to a gathering there a few months ago and was not impressed at all. Perhaps it was lavish when it opened? Maybe the clientele is what changed it?

Oh well, bet this one bite's the dust like most Houston icon's...Rat's :angry:

Food was mediocre at best. At night, the views of the ravine were nice though. Great building, hope it is not torn down.

Agreed on all points. :(

I really hope that something wonderful is done with the property. It's a killer location all around; hope someone is able to make something beautiful out of it.

Overheard from a reliable source today that Las Alamedas is relocating. And when I drove by earlier -- sure enough! -- I saw moving trucks out front. No word yet on what will be done with the building itself or where Las Alamedas will be moving to.

They now have it posted on the message board outside the restaurant that they will be relocating, but don't give specifics as to where.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last time I drove by their sign said something to the effect of "Thanks for 28 years", and then definitely said "we will relocate".

It's a shame to see them relocate, as the architecture of the building and its location on the bayou there are some of the best reasons to go there.

The good word is that that Las Alamedas might be relocating to La Centerra (or whatever it's called) out in Katy. Hmm...

I doubt the clientele from the Villages and Voss area will trek to Katy for their mexican food fix.

I doubt the clientele from the Villages and Voss area will trek to Katy for their mexican food fix.

I second that. I must also add that I doubt they will track to Katy for anything except fuel for they vehicles whilst fleeing some kind of natural disaster...

I agree, don't see that happening. I was surprised when it survived all the road construction, the past few years. The bayou is awesome, in it's natural state in that area.

The good word is that that Las Alamedas might be relocating to La Centerra (or whatever it's called) out in Katy. Hmm...

Oh well. They lost the charm they once had. The location made the place. La Centerra is very cookie-cutter.

• 1 month later...

You know, I'm not surprised by this. The food there never really impressed me, although the location did (backside forest and bayou). I think the landlord figured out if he got somebody in there with food to match the ambiance, that restaurant would make more money and therefore be able to pay higher rent.

Archived