Sewer Line Replacement

Bryan, it depends how far under the slab it goes..I had mine done by tunneling, so not to damage the brick floors...not as expensive as you would think....jack hamering thru the slab is easier...a poster here had his house done...around 3000 sq ft...all lines, and think it was 13k. I had 100ft run outside for 1000. tunneling under the house and replacing pipes 3.8k. Just depends on the job and conditions. Unfortunely my tunneling was expensive cause the pipes were incased in the slab...seems I have a double slab.

Thanks for the pm's and the help. I'd previously gotten two quotes, 4300 and 6815, which seems insane for a 1460 square foot house with a pier and beam foundation! We'll see what the home warranty company's camera finds.

How much line are they replacing? If it's all the way to the toilet then you may be in the ballpark. Pier and beam doesn't make it easier, it just means you don't have to tunnel. We paid a little over your lower quote for everything on the main line to be replaced and re-routed.

FYI - if this is the original plumbing they won't like that either. More things that could go wrong when they start to replace it.

Thanks for the pm's and the help. I'd previously gotten two quotes, 4300 and 6815, which seems insane for a 1460 square foot house with a pier and beam foundation! We'll see what the home warranty company's camera finds.

Pier and beam? That's godsend for doing work under the house. Get some schedule 40 and get to work. You'll save yourself between 4000 and 6518 dollars. And for that kind of money

what exactly is the problem your having? If you read the home warranty very closely, its worded where they really dont cover anything. i would get some more quotes.

Definitely getting more quotes, your recommendation is coming out today, thank you again. I ran the washer and sewage came up in the showers, and there's some standing water in the ground level cleanout. When the warranty company people camera'd, it looks like the pipe is broken underground at about five feet on one side of the house (camera ran into dirt), and maybe one foot in on the other side of the house. Both of their plumbers so far have been unable to fix, so going on number three. I know it is a long shot, but most of their exclusions relate to slab foundations or root issues. So far, a root issue hasn't been diagnosed, so I'm not willing to let them totally off the hook yet.

Definitely getting more quotes, your recommendation is coming out today, thank you again. I ran the washer and sewage came up in the showers, and there's some standing water in the ground level cleanout.

when you say there is "some standing water" in the clean out, that makes me think there is a problem between the house and the city line. once that is fixed then test the house again to see how it drains.

when you say there is "some standing water" in the clean out, that makes me think there is a problem between the house and the city line. once that is fixed then test the house again to see how it drains.

That's what one plumber said, but he said that there were also sinkholes under the house, indicating that the under house system also needed to be replaced. Another said that the standing water could be the result of a partial, but not full, blockage in the house, I think because he snaked 125 feet towards the main sewer line seemingly without a problem. I know that doesn't mean there's not a problem, though.

Archived