What song was #1 on the day you were born.

Spiritinthesky

'In the Year 2525' by Zager and Evans :blink:

This is my birthday song, too. I know the song, but never really listened to it. I'll put it on my list of things to do. Maybe I'll get some insight into myself. Eh, I doubt it...

'In the Year 2525' by Zager and Evans :blink:

I saw a few comments above about this song... I like it, though I heard the Visage cover first and didn't realize it was a cover for a long time. The cover is no less creepy.

US: Greatest Love Of All - Whitney Houston

I'm pretty certain I've never heard any of the songs.

I'm pretty certain that the Bushmen in the Kalahari have heard "Greatest Love of All". I think it was the theme to our prom...

Anyhow, I couldn't find a Whitney Houston version, but here's a take on it by Randy Watson (and his band, Sexual Chocolate)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoS8j9eNMZU

(song starts at 1:00)

OK, who the hell is the clown who started this stupid post? What does this have to do with architecture, anyway? This person should be exiled from here, or at the least, tarred a feathered and run out of town on a rail!

US

• 3 weeks later...
Mr. Blue by The Fleetwoods. Lame. Not Mr. Blue Sky by ELO, or anything by Fleetwood Mac, or anything else tolerable. Never even heard of it.

Seeing all these "birthday songs" that were playing during my college years makes me feel old. Come on, Pop Muzik and Eddy Grant? Reminds me of the playlist at Cooters.

I remember Mr. Blue. The last time I heard it was on National Lampoons Vacation right before Clark wakes up and realizes he's been sleep driving. Call me Mr. Blue.

My song is Young Love by Tab Hunter.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you ever done this?

Some people believe our lives are profoundly influenced by whatever pop song was #1 on the day we were born.

My number #1's are:

'You're So Vain' by Carly Simon in the US

'Long Haired Lover From Liverpool' by Little Jimmy Osmond in the UK

'Ben' by Michael Jackson in Australia

See which songs you get

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/birthdayno1

My Love by Petula Clark. WTF? and Who is she?

Archived