A Few Downtown Houston Pics

jmancuso

on the way home from work this afternoon, i took a few pics around downtown with my new canon rebel. still have to learn the gist of the camera but in due time.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

more to come later...

Great Pix! The one focusing on the reflection of the building with the hole in the top (sorry, i forgot its name....enlighten me) is very sophisticated pix. taking technique.

Try to get some pix. of Uptown. I here there is a lot going on there these days.

(native Houstonian,......now live in LA) I got to go downtown during my last visit, but not Uptown.

m. B)

Great Pix!  The one focusing on the reflection of the building with the hole in the top (sorry, i forgot its name....enlighten me) is very sophisticated pix. taking technique.

Aye, nice pics.

The one of the reflection reminds me of the most common picture shot in Boston which is the Trinity Church reflection in the John Hancock Building (IM Pei).

Like this:

hancock3.jpg

Great Pix!  The one focusing on the reflection of the building with the hole in the top (sorry, i forgot its name....enlighten me) is very sophisticated pix. taking technique.

m. B)

I think that's the Reliant Energy building.

Its former name escapes me - it used to have an angled atrium around the perimeter (on the ground/2nd floors), and was extensively altered about 10 years ago.

• 2 months later...

Yes. Thank you. I'm very supportive of our efforts over there. We're doing the right thing. We are facing a very cunning, cruel, and barbaric enemy. What's it like over there? Give us a report. F#$% terrorists!

Thanks everyone for all your support :D As far as division and location we aren't really allowed to give any of that stuff out. You never know when big brother is watching or the enemy. This link in todays paper will give you an insight of what's going on around here, this just happened literally down the road from where I'm at. Sergeant charged in two Iraq 'fragging' deaths

Been keeping up with Houston development (especially Downtown) since before my deployment. Nice to know that their are other people as optimistic as I am about our city. Friends and family back home and here don't always care about all the progress. While surfing the net I always ended up at this site. I have spent the past few days catching up on all the treads, reading the downtown master plan, BBP ect....We've come a long way in the past 5-10 years looking foward to the next few. Thanks to everyone for all the updates and pics, I really do appreciate it. B)

Yes, of course, the unfortunate "fragging" incident has been big news here. How tragic. On a happier note, I am glad that this forum can bring you a little bit of home. It is an enjoyable website to visit. My participation ebbs and flows, lately I've been doing a little more. But just knowing that you read and enjoy it while bravely serving our country will give me a reason to stay more active. Thank you again, stay safe, and VICTORY OVER THOSE WHO ARE OUT TO DESTROY INNOCENT PEOPLE, OUR FREEDOM, AND OUR WAY OF LIFE.

• 1 month later...
Houston Industries

Actually the four corner pillars and the roof with the hole were quite a surprise to me on my first visit back to Houston a few years ago. I left in 1992, and that upper extension was not there. I actually didn't recognize the building at first. I think it was know by just its address at one time. Seems to me it was the 1100 Milam Building, but I could be wrong.

Very nice photos BTW! :)

Actually the four corner pillars and the roof with the hole were quite a surprise to me on my first visit back to Houston a few years ago. I left in 1992, and that upper extension was not there. I actually didn't recognize the building at first. I think it was know by just its address at one time. Seems to me it was the 1100 Milam Building, but I could be wrong.

Very nice photos BTW! :)

ADD THIS TO THE LIST OF PICS

but why isn't the chase tower never it up as usuall as being tallest.......

http://dallasmetropolis.com/forum/attachme...tachmentid=5715

Houston Industries

Are you sure about that?

The reason I ask is that I used to work for Houston Industries - actually, HL&P, which was wholly owned by HI. Our offices were at 611 Walker (the Electric Tower); I don't remember HI having a downtown presence.

Pretty sure it was named for some energy company, though.

Archived