Bloom Bar At 2901 Fannin St.

houston_urban_fan

I read about this project on the Baldwin Park thread and it looks like they have moved the dumpster to the north side of the building and are already tearing out cinder block for windows. Can someone post the architects drawing of the finished building?

This is a great deal more exciting than the "free clinic" going up at Fannin and McGowan.

I read about this project on the Baldwin Park thread and it looks like they have moved the dumpster to the north side of the building and are already tearing out cinder block for windows. Can someone post the architects drawing of the finished building?

This is a great deal more exciting than the "free clinic" going up at Fannin and McGowan.

I found the old flash file on their site containing the renderings. Go here to see it

what is going up on Tuam and Fannin?

I'm not sure. I noticed it the other day when I was on a bike ride. The place is 2901 Fannin (street view). They were carrying stuff in the door and I noticed that the inside was stripped to the studs. The building is attached to "Kim Marketing Company".

Edited by brian0123

I'm not sure. I noticed it the other day when I was on a bike ride. They were carrying stuff in the door and I noticed that the inside was stripped to the studs. The building is attached to "Kim Marketing Company".

At one time there was a posted TABC Alcohol Permit notice. It is no longer posted.

What ever it is hopefully it is somewhat up class. Wine bar patrons typically will not relieve themselves on your lawn.

I cannot for the life of me find tax or ownership information for that small shopping center on Tuam and San Jacinto.

The center I am referring to is the old location of Saigon Cafe, which has now moved across the street to the 5 story(?) shopping center. That place could be a great location if the owners would just spend a little money to refresh the exterior.

I would love to own this shopping center.

Tuam Shopping Center

You could open a cafe at the corner and call it the Speed Trap Cafe or something kitschy like that. I can see some hired hands waving big signs marked "SPEED TRAP" in big letters and "cafe" in slightly smaller ones. That would be a good way to pick up a loyal customer! (You may not win any friends at HPD, but then again they seem to think speeders are the big issue in Midtown, not prostitutes and drug dealers)

Edited by houston_urban_fan

At one time there was a posted TABC Alcohol Permit notice. It is no longer posted.

What ever it is hopefully it is somewhat up class. Wine bar patrons typically will not relieve themselves on your lawn.

I rode by again today and asked the guys (at 2901 Fannin) what they are working on. The guy told me it's going to be a new bar that will be open in 9 months.

I rode by again today and asked the guys (at 2901 Fannin) what they are working on. The guy told me it's going to be a new bar that will be open in 9 months.

9 months!?!?

Either their horribly inefficient or we should expect the Taj Mahal when complete.

Maybe their the same crew that built out the Pinks Pizza on Gray? (took a year, right?)

9 months!?!?

Either their horribly inefficient or we should expect the Taj Mahal when complete.

Maybe their the same crew that built out the Pinks Pizza on Gray? (took a year, right?)

Ha ha, I know. Although the guy was Vietnamese and his English was very hard to understand... so he might have said five... :huh:

The Metropolitan Dance Company is actually going to be located on the corner of Dennis/Caroline. They are currently working out the bugs on a 30 year lease of the orange/tan warehouse. Metropolitan has already had the architecture plans complete on how they will use the space and plan on having studio's for lease for artist and/or photographers as well as having a public Cafe. Should be a great project that should really help out the slum area the day labor place creates on Caroline. Metropolitan told me 3-5 months before construction should start. :)

• 5 months later...

The Metropolitan Dance Company is actually going to be located on the corner of Dennis/Caroline. They are currently working out the bugs on a 30 year lease of the orange/tan warehouse. Metropolitan has already had the architecture plans complete on how they will use the space and plan on having studio's for lease for artist and/or photographers as well as having a public Cafe. Should be a great project that should really help out the slum area the day labor place creates on Caroline. Metropolitan told me 3-5 months before construction should start. smile.gif

2901 Fannin will be Link Lounge it will be opening on July 17th its a new club with light up stairs and bars 2 stories come out and check us out if things go right ill be bartending there im Brittney

2901 Fannin will be Link Lounge it will be opening on July 17th its a new club with light up stairs and bars 2 stories come out and check us out if things go right ill be bartending there im Brittney

hey brittney, is there a website or myspace page for this place? please keep us updated if there are any delays on the opening date.

Hey Brittney, is the lot across the street that was leveled going to be the parking lot for the club... or is something else going in?

Hey Brittney, is the lot across the street that was leveled going to be the parking lot for the club... or is something else going in?

It should be the parking lot looks like i wont be working there they never answer the calls anymore but as far as i know it opens tommorow at 10 pm if i hear anything tommorow i will let u guys know. Im a bit sad if i didnt get the job *tear*

No web page yet

Edited by T0m0m1

• 3 weeks later...

It should be the parking lot looks like i wont be working there they never answer the calls anymore but as far as i know it opens tommorow at 10 pm if i hear anything tommorow i will let u guys know. Im a bit sad if i didnt get the job *tear*

No web page yet

Link Lounge is on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-TX/Link-Lounge-Houston/107733658289

• 2 months later...

It looks like the Dance Company project fell apart. I noticed last week that the building on Caroline is going to auction on November 15. I wonder who will buy it and what it will become now...

Yeah, my wife called the Met Dance Academy and they said they were still trying to line up funding. The building owner was trying to get them into a 30 yr lease... but their funding fell short. It's a shame because that would have made a tremendous impact on the area. Maybe if it goes up for auction, they might be able to convince the new owner to let them in at a cheaper rate?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, my wife called the Met Dance Academy and they said they were still trying to line up funding. The building owner was trying to get them into a 30 yr lease... but their funding fell short. It's a shame because that would have made a tremendous impact on the area. Maybe if it goes up for auction, they might be able to convince the new owner to let them in at a cheaper rate?

Or they could just wait because the commercial property market is going to experience its own correction in the next few months. Its going to be a buyers market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
On 9/22/2019 at 7:44 PM, BeerNut said:

I drive by this building every day. They’ve been busy the last few weeks making modifications to the windows and building out the interior.

Hopefully part of the renovations are to relocate the entry door back to the corner, at a 45 degree angle, as it was originally. 

• 3 weeks later...