They put up some of the paperwork. And real fencing. *for the east field, the neighboring field has a fence too but I didn't see any signs. 20210127_165800.jpg.5eff76355d6ac77f27e23f5401489bbc.jpg20210127_165804.jpg.c7d192064cad4a5e4ffefacb1497ccfe.jpg20210127_165813.jpg.24dff43e10a76338e9f8d0fe9311479a.jpg

Edited by Two
  • Like 6
  • Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The second set of apartments are called the "Exchange"   https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Mixed-income-housing-project-breaks-ground-near-14973901.php The 300-unit comp

Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr   Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr   Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr Untitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

They were loading out the crawler crane that built the 2 story precast parking garage.

Posted Images

The both the eastern and western lots now have construction fencing up. Only the eastern lot has started civil work so far.

B5KJxQ9.jpg

DTdHOGc.jpg

For Lease signs are up at the Exchange.

ek7lOrH.jpg

Western lot looks to have been mowed recently.

rihk90x.jpg

• Like 7

Anybody by chance have access to drawings that have been submitted to the city? Or know what they're building here? (obviously probably just more apartments, but what the specifics are? )

Alliance is a huge developer so I haven't seen anything from their own media fronts about these projects.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Two said:

Anybody by chance have access to drawings that have been submitted to the city? Or know what they're building here? (obviously probably just more apartments, but what the specifics are? )

Alliance is a huge developer so I haven't seen anything from their own media fronts about these projects.

Have not seen drawings, but it appears it is a 384-unit multi-family (source: https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Q2-2020-Houston-New-Construction-Maps-Final.pdf)

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Two said:

Hindesky, Does the overpass connect all the way yet? (maybe wrong thread, but while you're up there.. might as well ask )

No it doesn't, they have long concrete beams straddling the road on both ends but there is enough room for my bike to squeeze through the south end. The north side ones cover the whole road and one would have carry one's bike over them.

• Like 4

Cheapest place at The Exchange is $1260 for a 530 sf studio.

Yikes. I thought there were supposed to be some affordable units in this complex, according to some info previously posted in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, gmac said:

Cheapest place at The Exchange is $1260 for a 530 sf studio.

Yikes. I thought there were supposed to be some affordable units in this complex, according to some info previously posted in this thread.

I'm guessing that anyone wanting rent relief is going to have to ask about getting it and they don't want to post that price publicly and piss off a bunch of renters because only a small percentage -20% will be eligible.

• Like 2

$1260 is "Market/Asking Rate" like MSRP.  They are offering 1 month free which brings in down to $1,155 effective.  I would be surprised if they don't get more aggressive.  Downtown apartments regularly have 1-3 months free, look and lease bonuses, referral bonuses, etc.  2 months free would bring these down to $1,050.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hindesky said:

I'm guessing that anyone wanting rent relief is going to have to ask about getting it and they don't want to post that price publicly and piss off a bunch of renters because only a small percentage -20% will be eligible.

"The 300-unit complex, called the Exchange, will have 50 percent of its units reserved for renters making between 60 and 80 percent of the area median income (or as much as $42,750)"

This is the part that threw me. If 50% of the units are for lower-income renters, are those folks supposed to have some kind of secret signal that lets the complex know? I get what you're saying about not upsetting the other renters, but this is a bit secretive to me.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, gmac said:

"The 300-unit complex, called the Exchange, will have 50 percent of its units reserved for renters making between 60 and 80 percent of the area median income (or as much as $42,750)"

This is the part that threw me. If 50% of the units are for lower-income renters, are those folks supposed to have some kind of secret signal that lets the complex know? I get what you're saying about not upsetting the other renters, but this is a bit secretive to me.

Have you looked at the application? Maybe it's in there?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Have you looked at the application? Maybe it's in there?

On the smaller floorplans, there is this note:

***Essential Employee Program - Maximum income limits on this floor plan. Call for details!

• 3 weeks later...