Will the Burnett TC have parking for light rail users? There's a pretty annoying lack of spaces to park on this end of the red line.

I'm pretty sure it's not. It's always been described as a "kiss and drop" location, and this far in town, land is too valuable to spend on parking. It's not like it's easily accessible from the freeways, anyway.  Clearly this is intended as a true urban location, which means you ride transit, a bike, or walk there. What the Hardy Yards developers do is a different story, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im not sure what gave you the inclination that I said otherwise? Lol of course it is. IT HAS ITS NAME ON A SIGN

Haha... Was not directed at anyone.

Edit: I'm just looking at all the signs I see, with the transportation hub... the avenue style roads with trees placed along the road... the Hardy Yards sign itself. I think we will be kindly surprised with what we get here. A lot of us, including myself, had worries this would be just a big apartment complex. I think this will be much much more.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 2

As long as they don't do This Way and That Way, but since it's not being developed by Dow engineers, we're probably good.

I thought it was a promising, ahem, sign, that the developers see this as a destination development, and will put a lot of effort into making it worthwhile.

• 4 weeks later...

How big would this station be? As long as it can be melded in with the planned mixed use development, great. But if it's going to replace all of it, no thanks. That would kill development in Near Northside if they end up with just a rail station.

Looking at the March "Last Mile" report, going into Hardy Yards was rated next-to-last of the options, so I question the likelihood that it is now a top-three. Plus, DH-2 goes down the median of I-10 and over I-45? I don't see that getting approved unless they officially kill the Uber-Alignment they've been talking about. This major piece of infrastructure would have to be torn down and rebuilt within a few years if that went through.

Just for shoots* and giggles, if I may add to the redundancy, ..we can all for very obvious reasons see that this is unlikely. But the mere fact that it was mentioned, gave it enough recognition for me to post it as a positive. The HY aren't going completely unnoticed as many here seem to believe, or therefore acknowledge.