huh?

oh, the KBR site? in my own fantasy world that would become the location of our new theme park. its a much more central/better location than having it way out in the boonies in New Caney.. plus, how cool would it be to ride a roller coaster over the bayou?

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 2

Anyone ever used the city's plat mapping website? It's pretty cool. It maps out all the applications and those that have been approved. Sorry if this is old news. It's new to me so I enjoyed playing around with it. See example below.

post-13883-0-14814400-1434136942_thumb.j

Edited by IamHouston
  • Like 4

The KBR sight I was just at yesterday and was thinking you could easy but a city Centre type place on the size of that land

Hopefully next cycle as Midtown and Montrose become too expensive. 

I wouldn't count on KBR before Hardy. Hardy Yards is already remediated and approved for construction, with nothing (known) near it. I'm not sure KBR is. Plus, KBR is right next door to the MDI site. While it's down to ground water monitoring only, I'm thinking that's going to put a damper on expansion. And don't forget, light rail. Not anywhere near KBR. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Take it for what it's worth, but I spoke to a future neighbor of mine on Everett, who said he had talked to one of the architects that was working on the Hardy Yards design. According to this AOAA (acquaintance of an acquaintance) news, Phase I of the Hardy Yards project is supposed to start in about 18 months. The guy showed me some images he supposedly was directed to by the architect, but they were those old "Hardy Yards Plaza" renderings that were posted here in 2013, including the miniature Eiffel tower. Since I can't find anything current, I take the construction start with a big grain of salt.

• Like 1

Take it for what it's worth, but I spoke to a future neighbor of mine on Everett, who said he had talked to one of the architects that was working on the Hardy Yards design. According to this AOAA (acquaintance of an acquaintance) news, Phase I of the Hardy Yards project is supposed to start in about 18 months. The guy showed me some images he supposedly was directed to by the architect, but they were those old "Hardy Yards Plaza" renderings that were posted here in 2013, including the miniature Eiffel tower. Since I can't find anything current, I take the construction start with a big grain of salt.

Odd, according to the recent City Agenda a winning bid has been accepted for construction to begin late August or beginning of November on the actual Residences at the Hardy Yards portion. This construction phase is estimated to take up to 18 months to complete. 

Also here is an update on the Hernandez tunnel that was posted last week on District H Councilman Ed Gonzalez's website. Looks like the tunnel itself will be reopening in the next few weeks. I haven't driven by here in a while so I haven't gotten to see the portion of Burnett that opened July 17th.

post-13883-0-33526400-1437490136_thumb.j

Edited by IamHouston

Odd, according to the recent City Agenda a winning bid has been accepted for construction to begin late August or beginning of November on the actual Residences at the Hardy Yards portion. This construction phase is estimated to take up to 18 months to complete. 

Also here is an update on the Hernandez tunnel that was posted last week on District H Councilman Ed Gonzalez's website. Looks like the tunnel itself will be reopening in the next few weeks. I haven't driven by here in a while so I haven't gotten to see the portion of Burnett that opened July 17th.

Right. I think we will see construction start this year. The Northside is becoming the next hot market near downtown.

Thanks IamHouston.  Would you mind pointing us in the direction of those City Agenda Minutes?  Thanks!

I didn't realize it was two different contractors doing the work. That might explain why they are working on the south lanes to the east, and on the north lanes to the west. The portion of the road done by Metro appears to be about finished. They had poured what appears to be the last strip of concrete in their section earlier this week. The lines are already painted on the north lanes from Freeman east.

The tunnel work does appear to be about finished. The concrete work looks like it's pretty much finished, anyway. I only drive by, so don't linger long enough to get the details.

Thanks IamHouston.  Would you mind pointing us in the direction of those City Agenda Minutes?  Thanks!

I dropped in on the live webcast for the agenda a few weeks ago. Not sure where I can locate the minutes. Anyone else know where I could find these? I'd be interested as well to read them since I only got a chance to listen for a few moments. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Along with multi family, Hardy Yards will have retail, office, and green space.

20670234198_c206e35278_o.jpg

HardyYards by Marc longoria, on Flickr

20237235383_8ae7fca7d2_o.jpg

HardyYards2 by Marc longoria, on Flickr

http://www.joomag.com/magazine/northside-life-magazine-launch-issue/0210102001437944201?preview&blm_aid=39441

Edited by Triton
  • Like 3