• 3 weeks later...

What did they say, triton?

That it was going to destroy access to business, bring down property value, limit the amount of available lanes to cars, how long would the trains operate because people didn't want to hear horns late at night, no more bus service, how would this affect the homeless problem on Main, etc. etc. etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good one. I live in this area. I go to the Superneighborhood meetings. There absolutely are Nimbys here. You should have heard the backlash against light rail.

No offense to residents in this area but we're not talking about Afton Oaks here. This is the Near Northside.

The nimbys Id fear are the ones in the Heights where HSR would have push through to get here.

No offense to residents in this area but we're not talking about Afton Oaks here. This is the Near Northside.

The nimbys Id fear are the ones in the Heights where HSR would have push through to get here.

They are everywhere.

They are everywhere.

I know they're everywhere, no question about that. They're on Harrisburg too ...but they weren't able to stop that new Metro Rail Bridge while Afton Oaks, with an assist from John Culberson, was able to shut down the University Line completely. Near Northside nimbys won't be able to stop an HSR station here, if it came to that. They'd get it forced down their throats like the East End. But nimbys in the Heights could shut down HSR to Downtown period.

I know they're everywhere, no question about that. They're on Harrisburg too ...but they weren't able to stop that new Metro Rail Bridge while Afton Oaks, with an assist from John Culberson, was able to shut down the University Line completely. Near Northside nimbys won't be able to stop an HSR station here, if it came to that. They'd get it forced down their throats like the East End. But nimbys in the Heights could shut down HSR to Downtown period.

If we have to start caring about what poor people 'want', we'd be setting a pretty dangerous precedent.

It's bad enough that they can vote ..... FOR NOW.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHH

mr-burns-evil-wallpaper-1024x768_origina

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

How has this been developing? I noticed they removed the chain link fence around a good portion of the site. 

I keep hearing too many rumors that I've given up on public speculation. There are markers/flags throughout the site as of yesterday.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 2

So it's midway? i mean that's better than nothing right? city centre is prettttttttty cool guys c'mon it's not bad [10]

At this point in time midway would be a colossal victory.

Although if some high density middle class units came to fruition on this site, that would also be a huge victory. Maybe if the right conditions happened, like a cooling off of development, lower construction and labor costs, could a high density, high number unit, affordable development make sense? How quickly would something like that fill up?

Would the high number of units off set the sheer profit of a complex with half or a third of the units that went for more? Maybe this units don't have Quartz counter tops, or refrigerators that have applications, and thus reduce the cost of building them.

Huge. 2,006 units.

15889427634_23db7267dc_o.png

Northside by marclongoria, on Flickr

Based on Urbannizer's list, there is something big coming to this site. I'll try to take pictures this weekend but like I said, a lot of the site has markers/flags all over it that were placed there very recently. From the north to the south, east to west. This is along side Residences at Hardy Yards. Didn't Midway say they had another project to announce in the next few months?

• Like 5

Huge. 2,006 units.

Based on Urbannizer's list, there is something big coming to this site. I'll try to take pictures this weekend but like I said, a lot of the site has markers/flags all over it that were placed there very recently. From the north to the south, east to west. This is along side Residences at Hardy Yards. Didn't Midway say they had another project to announce in the next few months?

The list was about multi-family developments too--so it's not 2,006 town houses. 2,006 is a rather specific number. Can't wait to see the plans!

Huge. 2,006 units.

Not that it is Hardy Yards....but he says he still has a couple of projects to announce at 12:28....perhaps we should hear something soon, whatever those projects are?

I suppose if someone wanted to, one could look up the most recent deed for this property and compare it with a deed for a Midway property such as Greenstreet, and although the owner names would be unique, the mailing address would likely be the same. I would do it myself, if only I had internet access.