I agree.  But City Center is nice to look at on the oft chance I am in that part of town.

I would imagine if this is a project beyond just conceptual work that they do in fact have a landscape architect on board.

What would be wonderful to incorporate into this is an expanded presence of UHD in and around it.  Perhaps they can work with UHD on that?

I don't see how this project has legs with just residential and parkscape (as is presented in that rendering), and not to mention the fact that there are plenty of brand new (or soon to be finished) apartments targetting the exact same demographic as depicted here all over the inner loop.

It could work with all residential, and perhaps a little bit of retail. Like half a cup.

The rents downtown are high.  What we need - in and around downtown - is more affordable spaces for smaller companies.

I also don't see this project working to its full potential without commercial & retail.  Besides, do all of you really want such a big piece of land so close to downtown really just being 1 more tract with 4-5 floor apartments above ground level parking?  I don't.  I'd like to see something better.  Think West Ave before they shelved all the hotels and highrises.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

If there is an Eiffel Tower replica in Texas, it should be in Paris, Texas, which it is. 

It makes the whole thing look ridiculously cartoonish.

At least it breaks the mold of the for profit driven aesthetic in architecture that has been plaguing Houston lately. Any scaled version of a famous landmark in Houston would fit in with its international feel.

The only place this "cartoonish" Eiffel replica would be more suited would be on top of the future Chevron tower. 

• 2 months later...