Shriners Hospital For Children At 815 Market St.

Rumor has it that Shriner's Burns Hospital will not reopen. They got two feet of water in their building, now they want to call it quits. Come on, Methodist Hospital had two floors totally inundated in 2001, along with Baylor, Memorial Hermann and others in the Texas Medical Center. There was never any discussions about not reopenning. These instituitions rebuilt, and protected themselves from it ever happenning again. What is it with these Shriner people?

• Like 1

Rumor has it that Shriner's Burns Hospital will not reopen. They got two feet of water in their building, now they want to call it quits. Come on, Methodist Hospital had two floors totally inundated in 2001, along with Baylor, Memorial Hermann and others in the Texas Medical Center. There was never any discussions about not reopenning. These instituitions rebuilt, and protected themselves from it ever happenning again. What is it with these Shriner people?

They're part of the Freemasons, a more than questionable secretive society whose supposed benevolence is a total sham?

They're part of the Freemasons, a more than questionable secretive society whose supposed benevolence is a total sham?

go tell that to all the children they have treated fool.....do they ask for tax money like loser "community organizers" do for "projects" in the same failed ghetto slums over and over....NO

have they taken money from you.....if not then it is none of your business.....you can go right down and join one and it will all be clear to you what they do and who they are.....much more clear than any "community organizer" type of scams that we are all forced to pay for through tax breaks and government grants that then disappear with ZERO accountability

I would put their record against any "community organizer" types any day of the week

go tell that to all the children they have treated fool.....do they ask for tax money like loser "community organizers" do for "projects" in the same failed ghetto slums over and over....NO

have they taken money from you.....if not then it is none of your business.....you can go right down and join one and it will all be clear to you what they do and who they are.....much more clear than any "community organizer" type of scams that we are all forced to pay for through tax breaks and government grants that then disappear with ZERO accountability

I would put their record against any "community organizer" types any day of the week

Amen - I heard that they ARE coming back.

They laid off their 300 employees yesterday. Memorial Hermann likely will like have to take on many of the patients.

KTRK report

The Galveston Daily News reported that The Shriner's parent organization lost over 3 billion dollars out of it's 9 billion dollar fund balance. I wonder if they were had by Bernie Maydoff? A lot of charities were ripped off by that guy. It would not surprise me.

• The title was changed to Shriners Hospital For Children Galveston
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Shriners Hospital For Children At 815 Market St.
  • 7 months later...