FM 1960 District Legislation

mrfootball

I have lived in the Great Northwest area since 1987. Got married, bought a modest house, started a family, became employed locally.

I've seen the area change from what it was then, to what it is now. It is typical ... There is constant new development, population/traffic growth, expansion of all things (goods, services, stores, entertainment, restaurants, housing, roadways, etc.).

Willowbrook Mall was a place I frequented, probably once a week on average.

Then The Woodlands Mall came into being, and since that time even though it is farther for me to drive to, I tend to go TWM, and the stores in TWM area (Sam's, Town Center, etc.). I like the environment that has been created there.

In my family's eyes, Willowbrook Mall's reputation as being "safe" has been diminished in the last several years. Friends of our family just had their late model SUV stolen from the Sam's parking lot at Willowbrook while they were inside shopping in Sam's.

I can see at least some of the area's problems. Harder to see the solutions.

I like my house, my neighborhood, etc. My children are doing well in KISD schools. I don't want to move farther out.

I do hope for the best for my (our) area. But I suppose it comes down to this: Can you take an area that has exploded into what it is, and do anything new to enhance its safety/environment/attractiveness/desireability? Is there vision, leadership, consensus, financing, etc. for this? Does anyone even care?

-Gary K

• The title was changed to FM 1960 District Legislation

Archived