Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve

mrfootball

I remember reading about this "Vintage" project. Lynn Smith, now with the Friends of the Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve group, once led a group to protest the buying of this land from HP, and having it turned into more of the same type of projects out here. Her group wanted to preserve the land, not have it built upon. Nicely written PR article today about how it eventually turned out for her group. Almost makes Vince & Walter sounds like kind-hearted philanthropists just interested in helping out their communities, instead of what they really are. :)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/cyf...ws/6232440.html

By KIM JACKSON CHRONICLE CORRESPONDENT

Harris County Precinct 4 has added 82 acres to its roster of parkland, and an additional 66-acre property donation is soon to follow, according to officials with V&W Partners, the development company that bequeathed the former Hewlett-Packard property off Texas 249 to the county about two weeks ago.

Harris County plans to carve out that 148-acre park, the Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve, which will have public facilities, but will remain primarily in its natural state with connections to planned trail systems on nearby Pillot Gulley and Cypress Creek.

Dennis Johnston, Harris County Precinct 4 parks director, said now that the property has been conveyed to Harris County, Precinct 4 can begin the first phase of the engineering process once a portion of Harris County park bond funds are allocated to Commissioner Jerry Eversole

• 1 month later...

The Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve I have a few questions about:

1.) I drove by there the other day and took a walk and the area where I believe they are planning the preserve looked like it is a nice piece of land. Any former or current HP employees that could share some memories there?

2.) The existing lake, has anyone fished it? Any success for bass? Can people fish it now?

3.) What is the start to finish timeline for this preserve?

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve

Archived