Dario's American Bistro On Highway 290

jimcas

This could be good! This is what is going in the old Alicia's Mexican Grill on 290 and Cypress Rosehill.

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/profile.asp?r=5987

Opening mid February! From David Herrera, the man who created Alicia's Mexican Grille, comes Dario's American Bistro, in Alicia's old loction! Enjoy the finest steaks, pasta and fresh seafood in a beautiful Deborah Goolsby designed space.

Cuisine: American, Italian

Reservations: Suggested

Dress Code: Casual

Parking: Parking Lot

Alcohol: Liquor, Wine, Beer

Chef's Suggestions

Appetizer: Lump Crab Cakes, Avocado Pancakes, Calamari

Soup: Lobster Bisque, Sopa De Verdura

Salad: Pears & Apple, Caesar, Boston

Entree: Pasta, Grilled Red Snapper, Veal Scaloppini

Sides: Asparagus Pevit, Butter-whipped Potatoes

Dessert: Fresh from the oven

Average Prices per person (excluding drinks & tax)

Lunch: 6.00-22.00

Dinner: 6.00-22.00

Payments: VISA, MC, Discover

Profile Published: 1/9/2009 6:10:41 PM Last updated: 1/9/2009 6:10:41 PM

• 3 months later...
Hate to start a new topic on something that hasn't opened yet, but I am excited about this new restaurant. Does anyone know anything about it? There's no website. Looks promising. When does it open?

There already is a thread on this, though its a page back...

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a menu and it's pretty pricey, and I don't remember anything for $6. Also, dress is not that casual - no sandals, tennis shoes, t shirts, shorts - long list.

But....the menu looks really good, linen tablecloths, etc. We will go, sometime when we are dressed nicer than usual. Should be a nice quiet experience.

Saw that it was open and got a menu as well. Think it looks good but a little pricy as well.

I also noticed they had a dress code and I guess it's probably not kid-friendly. Looking forward to trying it out, though.

Saw that it was open and got a menu as well. Think it looks good but a little pricy as well.

I also noticed they had a dress code and I guess it's probably not kid-friendly. Looking forward to trying it out, though.

Actually there are some reviews up already on b4-u-eat.com

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurant...ews/rsv5987.asp

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard good reviews of this place.

Owner David Herrera (owns Alicia's as well) learned the ropes working 20 years for Tony Vallone.

Nice to see a good grouping of original, locally-owned restaurants opening up in Cypress.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I had dinner there tonight. We were VERY impressed! GREAT food, outstanding service, good portion sizes, and for an upscale place, the prices were actually quite reasonable.

My wife had the snapper milanese and I had the veal scallopini (pardon my spelling).

This is certainly a keeper. I hope it lasts. We will definitely be returning!

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I had dinner there tonight. We were VERY impressed! GREAT food, outstanding service, good portion sizes, and for an upscale place, the prices were actually quite reasonable.

My wife had the snapper milanese and I had the veal scallopini (pardon my spelling).

This is certainly a keeper. I hope it lasts. We will definitely be returning!

where is dario's?

• The title was changed to Dario's American Bistro On Highway 290

Archived