Baldwin Square Area

gazhomme

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midtown is the hot place for 20-somethings who like to go out and party. Beer bottles and butts...that's how it's gonna be. Broken gates indicate lazy HOA and property owners, or perhaps young and immature ones.

Anyone know what the renter rate is around there? Have many people bought and rented out? Perhaps a few bought back when they were new, and not having seen fast enough change in the area have settled for renting units out.

Midtown is the hot place for 20-somethings who like to go out and party. Beer bottles and butts...that's how it's gonna be. Broken gates indicate lazy HOA and property owners, or perhaps young and immature ones.

Anyone know what the renter rate is around there? Have many people bought and rented out? Perhaps a few bought back when they were new, and not having seen fast enough change in the area have settled for renting units out.

Houston's townhome market never really became a hotbed of speculative investment activity in the way that, for instance, condos in S. Florida did. More likely, people have had to relocate and either got a good enough deal on the original financing that renting just makes more sense than selling or they figured out that they aren't able to sell at a capital gain right now and so they're renting to ride out a rough market in the interim.

The exact percentage of owner-occupied units isn't currently known and probably is pretty volatile right now anyway. We'll have to wait for the results of the 2010 Census.

Are there any Perry Townhome owners in this area that care to comment or elaborate on the who, what and how this may be turned around?

I'm an owner/resident in the area and I'm totally confused as to what you are talking about. I hate to be so blunt, but I have not encountered any of the things you mention (and I routinely jog around the Baldwin Square area). Plus, the items you list as examples of a "declining spiral" are normal for any neighborhood... especially one in the middle of everything.

A "dog barking" from an open window? Are you kidding me?!? That happens everywhere... just go politely ask the owner if they could close the window if it is really bothering you. Remember, we've had some nice weather lately... and people tend to open the windows when it feels nice outside.

Cigarette butts thrown from a patio/broken glass? Yes, it was probably from a party. You are living in one of the hottest places in town. Ask the owner to please clean it up (or talk with the homeowner's association about it if it's a recurring problem).

Broken gates/fences... go to the HOA meeting and tell them. I don't have any around me.

I'm sorry, but your post really angered me because I love our area and am not ashamed to say that I love it more than West U, Montrose, and the Heights. The HOA is only as effective as we make it. If you see a problem, attend the meetings and report it to them. Don't expect them to find everything that needs to be fixed. However, you need to keep in mind that some of the things you are talking about cannot be enforced by the HOA (and are normal to any neighborhood).

Out of curiousity, what areas are in a "declining spiral"?

I'm an owner/resident in the area and I'm totally confused as to what you are talking about. I hate to be so blunt, but I have not encountered any of the things you mention (and I routinely jog around the Baldwin Square area). Plus, the items you list as examples of a "declining spiral" are normal for any neighborhood... especially one in the middle of everything.

Trust me they exist, but what is really important is the speed, or lack thereof in how these issues are being addressed.

A "dog barking" from an open window? Are you kidding me?!? That happens everywhere... just go politely ask the owner if they could close the window if it is really bothering you. Remember, we've had some nice weather lately... and people tend to open the windows when it feels nice outside.

I'm not kidding. While it sounds trivial, I spoke with a resident nearby, and apparantly there is some sort of pissing contest between the individuals and his neighbors over who can be most annoying.

I live 2 blocks away. It goes on for 8 hours, are you telling me that no one within Baldwin Square is disturbed by this?

Cigarette butts thrown from a patio/broken glass? Yes, it was probably from a party. You are living in one of the hottest places in town. Ask the owner to please clean it up (or talk with the homeowner's association about it if it's a recurring problem).

Its a party alright, one that exists 365 days a year. Walk up and down Tuam between Caroline and Austin. You will see. I am well aware of what area I live in, and for the past 8 years I have watched the area progress and improve. However for the past year it appears that the progress has apexed and we are starting to see the a new breed of ownership that is more suited for apartment living rather than homeownership.

Broken gates/fences... go to the HOA meeting and tell them. I don't have any around me.

1316 Tuam is the address of the unit with a broken gate. (The gate is actually on Austin, but the house has a Tuam address)

There are also several on La Branch, not sure of the addresses.

I'm sorry, but your post really angered me because I love our area and am not ashamed to say that I love it more than West U, Montrose, and the Heights.

Good, but don't apologize for it. Your love for the neighborhood will help make a difference in its success or failure. As long a people "tolerate" the elements of decay, i.e. trash, disrepair, drug dealers, hustlers, daycare centers that don't paint over graffiti, etc, then a message will be created that its okay for this to exist in the neighborhood and quality of life and values will go down.

A declining spiral is a situation where disrepair and elements of blight are not addressed in a timely manner causing them to infect the mindset of other owners or inhabitants of an area. (i.e. "If their not going to fix it, why should I", or "Its not on my property, so its not my problem!")

The November 22nd-28th 2008 edition of the Economist featured an article in which they actually tested the old "Broken Window Theory"

http://www.economist.com/science/displayst...ory_id=12630201

In a nutshell:

"A PLACE that is covered in graffiti and festooned with rubbish makes people feel uneasy. And with good reason, according to a group of researchers in the Netherlands. Kees Keizer and his colleagues at the University of Groningen deliberately created such settings as a part of a series of experiments designed to discover if signs of vandalism, litter and low-level lawbreaking could change the way people behave. They found that they could, by a lot: doubling the number who are prepared to litter and steal."

I'm not kidding. While it sounds trivial, I spoke with a resident nearby, and apparantly there is some sort of pissing contest between the individuals and his neighbors over who can be most annoying.

I live 2 blocks away. It goes on for 8 hours, are you telling me that no one within Baldwin Square is disturbed by this?

Dog's barking are very annoying (I can't stand them), but it happens everywhere. There is nothing that the HOA can do about that. Go to any neighborhood in the U.S. (rich or poor) and you will hear them. My complaint about the dogs and their owners is that they let them crap in the common areas along the streets (and even in my yard). It's not the "apartment types" letting their dogs do this either... Most of the time it's the doctors/nurses that are walking around.

Its a party alright, one that exists 365 days a year. Walk up and down Tuam between Caroline and Austin. You will see. I am well aware of what area I live in, and for the past 8 years I have watched the area progress and improve. However for the past year it appears that the progress has apexed and we are starting to see the a new breed of ownership that is more suited for apartment living rather than homeownership.

I live at Anita and Austin (so hello neighbor :) ). The area you are referring to only has about seven town homes on one side of the street. The other side has the run down house on the corner. I'm not familiar with the people that live along that stretch... but me being a block away... I experience none of what you are seeing, and at night it's very, very quiet. Plus, if there are parties (that aren't out of control)... I view it as a great thing for our area. It brings in new people and introduces them to our neighborhood. I've had friends over before that never knew our part of town existed. Now they want to buy a townhouse here. The other week I was at the Starbucks over on Gray and overheard an apartment dweller talking. She was introducing her friends to Midtown and said "Yeah, this area is so awesome. Just don't ever go on the other side of Main. That's the really spooky part of town." To me, the more people like her that come across the "tracks" to a party... the better. Think of it as PR so when she starts to look for a place to buy, she'll realize that the "spooky" place on the other side of the tracks is actually full of lawyers, doctors, engineers, a beautiful park, and wonderful homes.

1316 Tuam is the address of the unit with a broken gate. (The gate is actually on Austin, but the house has a Tuam address)

There are also several on La Branch, not sure of the addresses.

Have you reported these to the HOA? Are they falling off? I haven't seen any gates that look bad.

Good, but don't apologize for it. Your love for the neighborhood will help make a difference in its success or failure. As long a people "tolerate" the elements of decay, i.e. trash, disrepair, drug dealers, hustlers, daycare centers that don't paint over graffiti, etc, then a message will be created that its okay for this to exist in the neighborhood and quality of life and values will go down.

A declining spiral is a situation where disrepair and elements of blight are not addressed in a timely manner causing them to infect the mindset of other owners or inhabitants of an area. (i.e. "If their not going to fix it, why should I", or "Its not on my property, so its not my problem!")

I completely agree with you on this point. I would just have to disagree with your assessment that our area is in decline. Yes, there are some improvements that can be made... but that is normal for any community that is getting older. Remember, things are now about ten years old and are no longer brand new. Repairs will need to be made just like any other place.

If anything, I would argue that our neighborhood is getting better...

- There are less homeless people walking around (and those that do are actually very nice... like the one old guy that rides his bike around pulling a cart).

- The amount of shady people walking around has diminished

- More projects/construction are slated to start once the economy picks up (like the Collective at Baldwin Park)

- Our neighborhood probably recovered quicker from IKE than any other neighborhood around town

- Discovery Green, Houston Pavilions, OPP, etc. are coming online and bringing more people into our part of town.

- People that live in our neighborhood can now ride a bike 8 minutes to Discovery Green and OPP, 8 minutes to Houston Pavilions and HOB, 10 minutes to Hermann Park, or walk 5 minutes to the new restaurants and development occurring over on Fannin.

The area you are referring to only has about seven town homes on one side of the street. The other side has the run down house on the corner. I'm not familiar with the people that live along that stretch... but me being a block away... I experience none of what you are seeing, and at night it's very, very quiet.

Yes, but its on the Perry Town Home side of Tuam.

Anita@Austin is a great deal cleaner than a block down. (With exception of that old metal works shed, but thats not much of an issue)

At the last Midtown Management District meeting one of the owners of 13 Celsius let it be known publicly that their have been 8 vehicle break-ins during business hours in the past 30 days in his parking lot. They caught a few and they were mostly homeless folks. So much for the benevolent homeless guy theory.

Have you reported these to the HOA? Are they falling off? I haven't seen any gates that look bad.

The gates cannot be latched shut. And yes we have reported these in the past, and will continue to do so. However best of luck with Principle Management Service.

Hmm, I suggest you vary your time of day/night when you survey the neighborhood.

- There are less homeless people walking around (and those that do are actually very nice... like the one old guy that rides his bike around pulling a cart).

Quite the opposite. The Harris County MHMRA Bristow Resource Center on 1301 Dennis has pretty much rolled out the red carpet to homeless folks that want to crash on their sidewalks (Dennis&Caroline sides) as well as allowed them to sleep in the doorway nook on Dennis. Now they have even placed a trashcan (now overflowing) on Dennis so that the folks that call the Dennis sidewalk home can dispose of their litter.

- The amount of shady people walking around has diminished

Note the break-ins mentioned above and massive appearances of graffiti.

And that run down house on Tuam @ Austin you mentioned now appears to have a guy dealing drugs out of it. He will stand out on the road or sidewalk to have "conversations" with a variety of cars that stop by.

I've reported it already, but it would help tremendously if others would. There is a big difference between having someone dealing on the corner and setting up shop in a neighborhood.

And speaking of corners... Have you ever noticed a day/night go by when the Tuam & Fannin corner did not have a dealer or hustler standing there? Heck their more reliable at that corner than Metro is!

- Our neighborhood probably recovered quicker from IKE than any other neighborhood around town

It sure did, proof positive that people can make a difference!

- Discovery Green, Houston Pavilions, OPP, etc. are coming online and bringing more people into our part of town.

Thank you DOWNTOWN Houston for that one. The fact that Discovery Green exists is a miracle given how things occur in Houston. Simply amazing.

... or walk 5 minutes to the new restaurants and development occurring over on Fannin.

Are you referring to Fannin downtown, or Fannin in Midtown? I'm not aware of any restaurants on Fannin, though I'm sure the Midtowne Spa on Elgin & Fannin probably has a vending machine inside!

Focusing on the positive is great, but it does not automatically fix the negative aspects of the neighborhood. A year ago a bunch of neighbors got together and formed a citizen’s patrol group, which was a positive step in the right direction. Not sure what ever came of it, but it formed initially because residents witnessed first hand what was going on vs. moving through the neighborhood with eyes wide shut. I recommend you walk around the area, even approach the guys hanging out on the street corners and asking them "whats up, what are you doing?"

Some of the answers you will receive will keep you laughing into you old age, but others will be enough to get you moving rather quickly in the opposite direction. Either way it will clear up any doubts you have about what really goes on in the neighborhood.

At the last Midtown Management District meeting one of the owners of 13 Celsius let it be known publicly that their have been 8 vehicle break-ins during business hours in the past 30 days in his parking lot. They caught a few and they were mostly homeless folks. So much for the benevolent homeless guy theory.

That's good to know. I see 13 Celsius from my window... so I'll have to watch more often.

The gates cannot be latched shut. And yes we have reported these in the past, and will continue to do so. However best of luck with Principle Management Service.

I noticed them this morning. They were hard to see from the street (unless you look closely). Have your neighbors tried fixing it on their own?

Quite the opposite. The Harris County MHMRA Bristow Resource Center on 1301 Dennis has pretty much rolled out the red carpet to homeless folks that want to crash on their sidewalks (Dennis&Caroline sides) as well as allowed them to sleep in the doorway nook on Dennis. Now they have even placed a trashcan (now overflowing) on Dennis so that the folks that call the Dennis sidewalk home can dispose of their litter.

I agree with you on this place. The flop houses around do drive me crazy. Is there anything we can have the city or MMD do about them?

And that run down house on Tuam @ Austin you mentioned now appears to have a guy dealing drugs out of it. He will stand out on the road or sidewalk to have "conversations" with a variety of cars that stop by.

I've reported it already, but it would help tremendously if others would. There is a big difference between having someone dealing on the corner and setting up shop in a neighborhood.

And speaking of corners... Have you ever noticed a day/night go by when the Tuam & Fannin corner did not have a dealer or hustler standing there? Heck their more reliable at that corner than Metro is!

I'll keep an eye out for the guy. That house is for sale... so I'm hoping someone buys it and tears it down. I feel sorry for that nice house to the left of it.

As for Tuam and Fannin (and all the other little sections between our side of Midtown and the other) they have always been like that. Midtown is starting to fill in... and as those abandoned buildings and lots get replaced (i.e. Camden Travis), they will be squeezed out.

Are you referring to Fannin downtown, or Fannin in Midtown? I'm not aware of any restaurants on Fannin, though I'm sure the Midtowne Spa on Elgin & Fannin probably has a vending machine inside!

I'm sorry... I meant Travis and the awesome Vietnamese places along it (and now a Sushi place too).

Focusing on the positive is great, but it does not automatically fix the negative aspects of the neighborhood. A year ago a bunch of neighbors got together and formed a citizen

I agree with you on this place. The flop houses around do drive me crazy. Is there anything we can have the city or MMD do about them?

The Bristol Center is a combination of various rehabs. (including drug treatment) 2627 Caroline Street

Their Safe Haven "business" is advertised as being a 24hr operation. It is located at 1215 Dennis Street

http://www.mhmraharris.org/mapapi.asp?q=12...uston,+TX+77004

post-4650-1232121056_thumb.jpgpost-4650-1232121037_thumb.jpg

You can contact the MMD, Council Member James Rodriguez, District I - (832) 393-3011 Office, and the MHMRA Board of Directors: http://www.mhmraharris.org/Board-Of-Trustees.asp

I am 100% in agreement that there are down and out people that need to be helped, rather than moved to another neighborhood. But if you are a so-called caregiver agency/business then you need to, no you have the responsibility to exemplify the order and progress that you are trying to instill in your clients. If you furnish someone a trashcan, then by all means dump it when it overflows!

Oh, and if you see a black charcoal grill being rolled down the street there is a guy around 2800 Austin that had his stolen Monday evening. He thinks it was they guy that has been knocking on doors asking if you want your street numbers painted on the curb. (the guy reportedly mentioned something about his BBQ grill during his sales pitch)

I'm sorry, but your post really angered me because I love our area and am not ashamed to say that I love it more than West U, Montrose, and the Heights. The HOA is only as effective as we make it. If you see a problem, attend the meetings and report it to them. Don't expect them to find everything that needs to be fixed. However, you need to keep in mind that some of the things you are talking about cannot be enforced by the HOA (and are normal to any neighborhood).

I'm kinda of the side of this guy. I've been a midtown resident since 03, in Baldwin Square since 06. Overall, I haven't experienced any of what you've said. My biggest pet peeves are the neighbors that don't pick up after their dog and leave their front gate wide open and unlocked. Other than that, it's great. Yes, the number plates were stolen, yes I had a neighbor have their grill stolen, and yes I had a friend (who left his GPS out) get his car broken into, but those minor crimes happen living in any inner city. Not that it's right, but if those are the only things I can come up with in how many years, I'm not seeing a problem.

The only people I ever encounter yelling and screaming are the people from the shelter at Crawford & Tuam. I wish that place would be torn down, but no one asked for my opinion.

I do agree the HOA leaves a little to be desired. I wish they would take care of the parking issues, the dog poo issues, and the open/broken gates as well, rather than focusing their letters on how early my garbage went out the night before trash day.

- More projects/construction are slated to start once the economy picks up (like the Collective at Baldwin Park)

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that one.

I will say Midtown is Houston's Motel 6 for the homeless... they camp out all over the place, in plain sight. This is mostly due to the social services in the area... MHMRA (homeless with mental problems), Lord of the Streets, Search, etc. I think there was an official proposal to move many of these services to the far east side a few months back?

I don't think any of this will change until developers start filling in large chunks of land surrounding the Main St corridor and demand the City of Houston enforce loitering laws, or displace the social services institutions (and get rid of the Greyhound station, which is truly a catalyst for crime in the area). And obviously that isn't going to happen any time soon. Until then, we just have to coexist, and watch out for your property.

Overall though, I still think the Baldwin Park area is quite nice...

The only people I ever encounter yelling and screaming are the people from the shelter at Crawford & Tuam. I wish that place would be torn down, but no one asked for my opinion.

That shelter is the #1 source of non-Midtown resident foot traffic east of Main St.

And before someone argues that they too are residents, $7-10 a night for a bed does not make you a resident.

According to the Texas DPS, 3 registered Sex Offenders are using 2910 Crawford St as their permanent address.

Given the condition of the "Midtown Lodge" I'm sure a city inspector could find numerous citable circumstances. I

If we as residents don't gang-up on the nuisance factors in our neighborhood then they will gang-up on us.

...seems a lot of those "nuisance factors" ... were there long before midtown's invasion of 20-something college 2.0 types...

Oh, and if you see a black charcoal grill being rolled down the street there is a guy around 2800 Austin that had his stolen Monday evening. He thinks it was they guy that has been knocking on doors asking if you want your street numbers painted on the curb. (the guy reportedly mentioned something about his BBQ grill during his sales pitch)

This guy may have my bike too. Let me know if you see a silver beach cruiser. Someone actually pulled put the slats of my wooden fence to squeeze through and steal my bikes! My neighbors hose pipe has also been stolen...It's amazing what people will take. Pretty much if it is in your yard and not chained up they think it is fair game.

I agree that the more people become aware and actually call the constables to report vagrancy the better our neighborhood will become. We cannot get complacent.

I think our neighborhood is great, but it has the potential to be even greater. With our location to downtown our home values will only go up if we can somehow get a handle on the foot traffic of people going to flop houses and the people selling drugs out of the 4-plex on Tuam and Austin. As a side note, I also hope this house will be bought and turn down but with the real estate situation I don't think this will be happening anytime soon.

The only way that the situation will get better if all neighbors get on board to clean up the neighborhood. My husband cleans up the trash in the field on Caroline and Dennis weekly. Last week a home owner from the other side of the fence had the nerve to come over while he was picking up trash and ask what he was doing. He was furious that my husband was behind his house picking up trash. They had words and my husband finally told him that he was trying to make everyone's property look better because some people are too lazy to do it themselves.

Sorry if this is a rant but I also am passionate about this neighborhood and my investment in it.

My husband cleans up the trash in the field on Caroline and Dennis weekly. Last week a home owner from the other side of the fence had the nerve to come over while he was picking up trash and ask what he was doing. He was furious that my husband was behind his house picking up trash. They had words and my husband finally told him that he was trying to make everyone's property look better because some people are too lazy to do it themselves.

Wow!

I know the field that you are referring to. If I am correct this is the one that has homeless camping on it 24/7. This field is directly across from the Bristol Center that I took photos of.

It

Maybe the rest of Midtown is busy watching American Idol?

You may have stumbled upon the source of your problems. :D

I'm not picking on you. I applaud your concern for your hood. I especially applaud midtowntiger's husband for actually pulling on the work gloves and picking up the trash. When I am not reading Plessy v. Ferguson or Brown v. Board of Education, I have been known to carry a bag around my own hood to pick up trash. I also keep an eye out for tagging, though I must admit, we have a guy in the Heights who drives around every weekend and paints over it himself. Talk about a good neighbor!

I've hinted at it before, but if every midtowner who complains on a forum ALSO went outside and addressed the problem personally, much of the problem would disappear. This rule applies to the Heights and other neighborhoods as well. And, though midtowntiger's example does not show it, most neighbors will appreciate your efforts, and some will actually help, if only by not throwing trash out themselves. There are also programs that allow neighbors to 'adopt' bus stops and esplanades. It cleans up your hood, and it saves tax dollars.

I see way too many "solutions" to the problems gazhommes complains of being to complain to the HOA or 311 or HPD. I see way too few of midtowntiger's solution. Certainly, thieving bums and suspicious persons should be left to HPD, and broken gates are probably best directed through the HOA (or a non-threatening note asking the neighbor to fix it, also explaining why), but beautification issues can be addressed individually. Like the homeowner who complained a few months ago that the City should be mowing a 3 foot wide strip of grass...why not run the mower down that strip yourself?

With the increasing unemployment rate, it is a gut cinch that you will continue to see loiterers and trash in midtown. Best of luck in keeping it somewhat under control.

....There are also programs that allow neighbors to 'adopt' bus stops and esplanades. It cleans up your hood, and it saves tax dollars....

... but beautification issues can be addressed individually. Like the homeowner who complained a few months ago that the City should be mowing a 3 foot wide strip of grass...why not run the mower down that strip yourself?

All fantastic ideas. RedScare, if I

Love the guerilla gardeners!

From a legal point of view, I cannot recommend trespassing to correct blight on an absentee owner's property, especially painting. Even picking up trash could be considered trespass. Here, repeated 311 calls may be the best advice. Emails to your councilperson are also useful. In those situations where you cannot help yourself, availing yourself of the City's services is a good idea.

That said, if they really are absentee property owners, they probably will not see or mind you picking up trash. And remember, the city ROW runs from the street to the other side of the sidewalk. If you make an excursion to paint over tagging on private property and are caught, chances are you will be told to stop it, as opposed to arrested for trespass or criminal mischief. And, if you choose to do it, early after daybreak on Saturday or Sunday is best. Few people around, not at night, etc. And, I definitely would not scale a fence to do it.

If you make an excursion to paint over tagging on private property and are caught, chances are you will be told to stop it, as opposed to arrested for trespass or criminal mischief.

That's what I thought. Odds are theres not a DA in town that would accept charges against someone painting over graffiti or picking up trash. The media would have a field day on this one.

That's what I thought. Odds are theres not a DA in town that would accept charges against someone painting over graffiti or picking up trash. The media would have a field day on this one.

Truth of the matter is the police aren't going to mess with you when half the time they don't even mess with the vagrants. When we first moved to midtown numerous people slept in the empty field at Dennis/Caroline every night because they had shelter from shrubs, low limbs, etc. We called the cops a few times and even met one out in the field and you know what they said "look, this area is a lot better than it used to be". Didn't ask the bum to leave or anything. That next Saturday the same cop past as a neighbor and I cut down all the lower limbs, Round Up'd all the low shrubs and picked up trash and all he did was slow down and nod his head at us. He realizes the more the neighborhood does for themselves the easier his job is going to be and he's not going to bust our balls over something like this.

Besides I use the field to walk my dogs every day/night so keeping it clean keeps my dogs healthy, keeps the neighborhood looking good, and the dogs even help by keeping people from sleeping there all night cause they know I'm coming every night.

BTW if we can get some paint from the city I'll help paint over the graffiti on Sunday..........

The City operates a "paint bank" for use in graffiti abatement. It is available to property owners. Don't know how this is controlled or how much info must be given.

http://www.houstontx.gov/mayor/press/20060622a.html

Oh, and the parks department has weed eaters and other equipment for loan in vegetation cleanup. I know this one, as I helped in a neighborhood cleanup just to the east of you guys on Dowling Street from I-45 to Emancipation Park, and the City provided a dozen or so weed eaters.

The City operates a "paint bank" for use in graffiti abatement. It is available to property owners. Don't know how this is controlled or how much info must be given.

This is good to know. With the rate that graffiti is appearing the city's Paint Bank is going to need a government bail-out! :D

The 527 Spur/59 outbound tie up has been hit hard with tagging. I guess the key is to grow more ivy.

Maybe the city should give away some sort of Kudzu-Ivy hybrid. That would like grow to cover graffiti in less than a day, right?

When we first moved to midtown numerous people slept in the empty field at Dennis/Caroline every night because they had shelter from shrubs, low limbs, etc. We called the cops a few times and even met one out in the field and you know what they said "look, this area is a lot better than it used to be". Didn't ask the bum to leave or anything.

You would think that with the Genesis Learning Center next door that the cops would be a bit more focused on what people are doing on that lot. My kids go to the Country Day Montessori and you better believe I checked out the local surroundings before signing them up. It's a shame that they (Genesis) cannot lease part of that property and utilize it to expand their playground or add a temporary building. (I'm sure their are dealing with space constraints at that location)

Archived