All things 24

Highway6

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the fellow 24 fans out there.. what did y'all think of Redemption ?

Don't read my post if you don't want spoilers.

I didn't get the whole Washington story line, and obviously it will be more fleshed out in season 7 I assume. It just barely touched on it and lots of action took place off camera while the majority of the movie was spent in Sangala.

As for the Sangala story line, I don't care for Jack's interaction with kids. The silly scarf the kid chase back after caused Carl to die for no reason on the land mine, although the off camera death may be a surprise. Likely Ike is alive, even Wikipedia, says he is part of Season 7. So unless it's a flash back, he did not die along with Carl.

I was hoping to see Chloe, my favorite character, but with the 2 hours and the storyline available, it would not have made sense for her to show up in the movie.

Do you think Kim Raver will return as Audrey now that Lipstick Jungle is canned?

More Spoilers.......

I don't think you're supposed to get the Washington storyline in that this wasn't meant to be a complete story. It's a segue into Season 7 and I think it set things up nice.... good president, bad senator, etc.

I think the best thing about it was revealed in the previews that CTU was disbanded. I loved CTU.. but I think this was needed to refresh the show and hopefully this means the remainder wont be taking place in LA for a 7th time.

I liked everything in Sangala.. even though i liked the actor that played Carl and hoped to see more of him, I can understand why the killed him off. They have to give Jack a means in which he escaped the rebels in such short time.. and they had to put Jack in a situation where he had no choice but to surrender at the embassy.

Honestly.. Its been such a long Jack drought, and this was such a different way to start things. Plus with the hints of things to be different.. it sets up hope that this season will kick ass much more than the last one... so I enjoyed the hell outta of it.

Audrey annoyed me.. Kim annoyed me.. I dont care if they dont come back...

And while I liked Tony's character, I'm undecided on him returning... I have no clue how they're gonna explain that one.

Audrey annoyed me.. Kim annoyed me.. I dont care if they dont come back...

And while I liked Tony's character, I'm undecided on him returning... I have no clue how they're gonna explain that one.

Kim will be back as Jack's daughter.

And I bet Tony will be a multi-dimensional character, and turn back to good in the last few hours, and maybe die to save Jack in the end.

Seems predictable, but I don't think Tony is going to be as mean as he is set up to look in the previews. Who knows, in typical 24 fashion, there might even be a twist and Tony might be a double agent.

For the fellow 24 fans out there.. what did y'all think of Redemption ?

As a big 24 fan, (as far as Seasons 1-5 and only the first 4 episodes of season 6 go) I was neither impressed, nor disappointed by Redemption. I think its intent was to bridge Season 6 and Season 7 and get 24 fans attention; I think it did that successfully overall. It tried to get them to come back after the disappointment of Season 6 and the year long delay of Season 7, and it worked on me. I have to see what happens no matter what.

Redemption had no real twists, we all knew prior is in the end Jack survives the ordeal (as he always does) and something forced him to come back to Washington DC... the only question was how and why. Now we know. It was fun to watch, and I'm just hoping Season 7 will be an adrenaline ride from start to finish like Seasons 3 and 4 were.

Anyone play 24 The Game for PS2? It bridged the story lines between Seasons 2 and 3. Not a very good game, but I thought a pretty good storyline. If they run out of ideas they can just make the game into another season... call it 24: Flashback or something. Why not, good storyline and all the characters 24 fans know and love :lol:

• 1 month later...
So what did other fans, and non-fans who happened to catch the 4-hour premiere of Season 7 of 24 think?

just saw all the episodes this morning. I think it will be a good season. looks like the President's chief of staff will be the one to watch.

I liked seeing the old players - Tony, Buchannon and Chloe. I almost didn't recognize Buchannon at first. I think it's looking like a good start to the season.

Yeah, Bill looked like he was about to do a MacWorld keynote with that hair and outfit.

But yes, great start to the season.

Well, after last season, I remembered there were a few subplots that had lead to nothing or had nothing to do with the main plot. Merely things to throw people off.

that is the beauty of 24. something minor, thats easily overlooked, could become a huge factor. on the other hand, something that appears to be a big deal only becomes background chatter.

good times.

I suppose I've been living under a rock or something, but what is this show about?

within an hour and in real time: jack bauer could kick chuck norris' ass without breaking a sweat, save the world (including the cheerleader), escape from an iraqi prision, and revive a dead girlfriend back to life after being shot at least million times, in the head, with armor piercing bullets.

yes, he is just that awesome.

:o

I suppose I've been living under a rock or something, but what is this show about?

If you ever find yourself aimless on what movie to get and happen to be aisle-surfing at blockbuster, go in the TV shows section and rent Season 1, disc 1. If the first 4 episodes don't completely sell you give it a chance and go back for the 2nd disc.

Season 1 has a twist that's gotta be one of the biggest in television history. Season 2 was really good, and I think Season 3 and 4 were the best ever. 5 was pretty darn good too. 6 is when it hit its low spot... most fans didn't think it was a very good season compared to the rest. 24: Redemption was pretty good, and usually the bridging of seasons is reserved only for those who own the DVDs (season 3 has a season 4 prequel, season 4 has a prequel for 5, etc). So far 7 is shaping up really well, but I'm still waiting for an episode that leaves me going "Holy $#!7!!! I can't beleive that just happened!" I'm sure its coming :D

I watched about the first 5 episodes of the first season, and I gave up knowing that nothing would get resolved unless I watched another 19 episodes (minus doubles I guess). On the other hand, I'm hooked on Lost, which promises no resolution at all as far as I know, and if there is one it won't be until 2 more seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight was great! I think the female fbi agent assisting Jack (can't remember her name) is about to go bonkers though. I loved how she was mumbling and groaning to Jack about him not having feelings for others and he finally got fed up and said "then quit". And then proceeded to give her the what for about pulling a weapon on him! Awesome.

Tonight was great! I think the female fbi agent assisting Jack (can't remember her name) is about to go bonkers though. I loved how she was mumbling and groaning to Jack about him not having feelings for others and he finally got fed up and said "then quit". And then proceeded to give her the what for about pulling a weapon on him! Awesome.

The end of the episode gave me some hope that this season might not be a total waste of time, but I not quite convinced. I kind of hope they will throw any remaining credibility to the wind, and Almeda will turn out to be dead and a figment of Jack's addled brain. He is acting rather ghostly and mysterious.

All in all, I am WAY disappointed.

The end of the episode gave me some hope that this season might not be a total waste of time, but I not quite convinced. I kind of hope they will throw any remaining credibility to the wind, and Almeda will turn out to be dead and a figment of Jack's addled brain. He is acting rather ghostly and mysterious.

All in all, I am WAY disappointed.

Who thinks Mandy will return this season?

Remind me who Mandy is. I agree I have been very slow to jump on the 24 wagon this season, but after last night, it has the old cliff hanger feel to it. We still laugh about how much is accomplished in 1 hour. Good point about Tony, maybe he is in Jack's head. He's a little too creepy and the way Jack told him to go away when they were seated on the steps of whatever in DC (with not a soul in sight), leads me to think he's trying to get him off his mind. Two hours next week!

Archived