Proposed Power Center On Highway 290

IronTiger

Every time I head out of H-town, on the side of one such field, it promised a new "power center" anchored by H-E-B. Trouble is, I haven't seen any development nor have I been able to exactly recreate the spot with Google Maps Street View (I think I'm looking in the wrong place).

Does anyone

a) know what I'm talking about

B) know how long the sign has been there/going to start?

If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

Every time I head out of H-town, on the side of one such field, it promised a new "power center" anchored by H-E-B. Trouble is, I haven't seen any development nor have I been able to exactly recreate the spot with Google Maps Street View (I think I'm looking in the wrong place).

Does anyone

a) know what I'm talking about

B) know how long the sign has been there/going to start?

If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

I know what you are talking about, it is past the outlet mall on the north side of 290. I know the sign has been up for nearly a year, but have no idea about actual construction dates. I wondered what a "power center" was, and was told to expect nothign more than another shopping center.

I imagine for the time being the good people of Fairfield just hop over to HEB Cypress Market for their HEB needs...

Also, a little off topic, but is anyone else getting annoyed at the lack of brand name products at the HEB Cypress Market??? I swear, pretty soon everything will be an HEB brand, this is especially bad when it comes to non-perishables.

I know what you are talking about, it is past the outlet mall on the north side of 290. I know the sign has been up for nearly a year, but have no idea about actual construction dates. I wondered what a "power center" was, and was told to expect nothign more than another shopping center.

i believe there's one off of s post oak. it's supposedly a faithbased facility that you can read more about here.

I imagine for the time being the good people of Fairfield just hop over to HEB Cypress Market for their HEB needs...

Also, a little off topic, but is anyone else getting annoyed at the lack of brand name products at the HEB Cypress Market??? I swear, pretty soon everything will be an HEB brand, this is especially bad when it comes to non-perishables.

Well of course I know what a power center is. It's just a fancy name for a strip mall, except heavy on the "anchor stores". Don't be misled. I was just quoting the exact words...and...well, thanks.

i believe there's one off of s post oak. it's supposedly a faithbased facility that you can read more about here.

That was the first thing I thought of when the OP said "Power Center". The Power Center at Post Oak and South Main is definitely not a strip center. It's a community center.

• The title was changed to Proposed Power Center On Highway 290

Archived