KRBE Promo Stunt - early 1970's

Paul1956

Does anyone else remember the promo stunt KRBE did in the early 1970's - playing "Gary Glitter Rock and Roll part 2" non stop? I think it played continuously for about 4 days (?) with no interruptions. They'd take calls from users trying to guess when it would end. I recorded some of it on cassette which I've still got somewhere.

And whatever happened to Roger W W W W W W Garrett?

• 3 weeks later...

I should add that the 'Gary Glitter Rock and Roll part 2' song was used (maybe still used?) at Rockets games. It's that silly guitar and drums repetitious tune they play. The only vocals are like oooOOOO OOOOooo ... you know the one.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone else remember the promo stunt KRBE did in the early 1970's - playing "Gary Glitter Rock and Roll part 2" non stop? I think it played continuously for about 4 days (?) with no interruptions. They'd take calls from users trying to guess when it would end. I recorded some of it on cassette which I've still got somewhere.

And whatever happened to Roger W W W W W W Garrett?

YES - I do remember it! Seems like it was 73 or 74. I believe they used the lame excuse of a tape being stuck and they were waiting for a repair technician otherwise removing it would destroy an expensive machine. Up until this stunt KRBE had been an automated station for a couple years with no live DJ's for the most part. I remember sometimes they would give the time and it was way off. Funny thing was after they got GGR&RP2 "out of the machine" it turned into a live DJ format.

Archived