Hardwood floor install recommendation?

I'll second the recommendation for Prudencio. He was referred to me by some friends who were happy with his work and I had him replace the carpet on my stairs with wood. Great work, good price and they really kept the mess of installation and sanding to a minimum.

I'll second the recommendation for Prudencio. He was referred to me by some friends who were happy with his work and I had him replace the carpet on my stairs with wood. Great work, good price and they really kept the mess of installation and sanding to a minimum.

We were talking about that option (hate the carpet on our stairs). How much does something like that run? I have a good idea of what we would pay per sq ft to hardwood our 1st floor, but have no idea about the stairs.

We were talking about that option (hate the carpet on our stairs). How much does something like that run? I have a good idea of what we would pay per sq ft to hardwood our 1st floor, but have no idea about the stairs.

It ended up being about $100 per step. It could have been less, but I wanted stained wood on both the steps and the risers. If you go with painted risers, I think you can use cheaper wood and there's less labor involved.

That sounds high at first, but to be fair, there's a whole lot of labor in a small space so putting it in terms of $ per ft2 isn't really fair.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived