Carl's Jr. coming to Houston

I have been to some in other states but can't remember too much about them...

CKE Restaurants Inc., an operator of franchise and company owned Carl's Jr. restaurants, has inked a deal with RWJP Star Enterprises to bring another 121 Carl

Isn't Carl's Jr. the west coast version of Hardee's?

Pretty much, though I thought it was more one of those "west of the Mississippi" things. I know I've had Hardee's in TN & in the Virginias and Carl's in OK. Essentially the same offerings in both places. Hardee's might have a slightly more expansive breakfast menu, but both do some pretty affordable murderburgers.

boy Carls Jr. is a glutton for punishment......they tried here in Texas one time before and took a beating....Hardees has been tried before too.....nothing like trying again

Carls Jr. and Hardees are owned by the same company and only overlap in Wyoming and Oklahoma currently, but they were not 100% the same the times I have eaten at either of them....which was a while back for both

Looking at the menus I can see a number of differences

http://www.hardees.com/menu/

http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/

Nice. There's a Carl's Jr in a truck stop, I think Love's, just outside of Dallas on 45. I usually stop there either on my way in or out when on business. I grew up in California, so yeah I'm kind of a fan of their burgers. :ph34r:

Nice. There's a Carl's Jr in a truck stop, I think Love's, just outside of Dallas on 45. I usually stop there either on my way in or out when on business. I grew up in California, so yeah I'm kind of a fan of their burgers. :ph34r:

That's good news...Now if only Checkers/Rally's came back :)

boy Carls Jr. is a glutton for punishment......they tried here in Texas one time before and took a beating....Hardees has been tried before too.....nothing like trying again

Carls Jr. and Hardees are owned by the same company and only overlap in Wyoming and Oklahoma currently, but they were not 100% the same the times I have eaten at either of them....which was a while back for both

Looking at the menus I can see a number of differences

http://www.hardees.com/menu/

http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/

that is too funny, they have the same site...now that is real creativity in advertising

Forget Carl's Jr. Bring me In N Out!

Exactly. Nothing special about Carl's Jr. It gained alot of popularity when Paris Hilton appeared in its commercials all over California. I'd rather see In N Out!! It's pretty cool eating outside one in LA where you can watch the planes land at the same time...haha

It makes me wonder just how many different fast food hamburger joints once city can support. I guess we'll see.

Fewer than it has would be my guess. Though the lone Steak n Shake seems to be doing OK at Eldridge and 1960. Still:

McD's

JiTB

BK

Wendy's

Sonic

and the un-burger burger places like Arby's and Chick-Fil-A.

That's good news...Now if only Checkers/Rally's came back :)

Yeah. What he/she said. I really miss Checkers/Rally's and never understood why they left. They always seemed to have good food and tons of customers.

On north side of Hwy 71 at 304 is Burleson Crossing, Bastrop's newest shopping center. This is just across the highway from Home Depot, so naturally Lowe's opened a store in the new center. The grand opening was the day after Christmas.

Nearly completed there is a Carl's Junior. I'm sure I'll give them a try, but we have some pretty good burger places in town of the non-fast food variety.

yeah i stopped at that HEB for some cheap gas this past sunday on my way back to houston from austin and noticed the carl's jr... kinda took me by surprise as i thought carl's jr. was strictly a west coast joint.

i've been to one in san bernardino, ca i was not impressed

I'm glad to see Carl's Jr. is coming to Houston! I also read a few months ago that San Antonio was adding them for the 2nd time. And just the other day I read on a Help wanted website here in Bryan/College Station that Hardee's is coming to Bryan/College Station and is looking for employees.

What ever happened to Krystal Burger expanding in this area, and Dunkin Donuts was supposed to add 100+ locations in the Houston area.

I'm glad to see Carl's Jr. is coming to Houston! I also read a few months ago that San Antonio was adding them for the 2nd time. And just the other day I read on a Help wanted website here in Bryan/College Station that Hardee's is coming to Bryan/College Station and is looking for employees.

What ever happened to Krystal Burger expanding in this area, and Dunkin Donuts was supposed to add 100+ locations in the Houston area.

What do you want Krystal burger for? They are digusting...I ate at one in orlando a week ago....eww

• 1 month later...

I've tried 3 of the Dallas area restaurants over the past few years and they seem about the same as what I grew up with in CA. It's weird to think that they have so much overlap with Hardees now because when I came to Texas in the 90s Hardees was still the place you got burgers for around a quarter and they tasted like it too. I guess the Carl's Jr. parents made them use better meat after the purchase.

Jason

What do you want Krystal burger for? They are digusting...I ate at one in orlando a week ago....eww

Krystal burgers are what I eat at the end of a night of binge drinking in Atlanta. They taste great.

Carl's Jr. $1 burger is what I ate after a night of binge drinking when I lived in Orange County. They tasted great.

When I moved from CA to GA, I was a temporarily befuddled that everything I knew from the Carl's Jr menu was available at Hardees, under a different name.

I miss Whataburger.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Carl's Jr. has been open here a year now, and I have yet to set foot in it. Not likely to, either. Just too many other local joints serve great burgers to waste money on fast food burgers.

Are you for real? Where is it? The old articles said that they should begin opening around the 1st quarter of 2010.

Yes, it is in Bastrop, on Hwy 71 @ 304 in front of Lowe's.

I knew that, and they also have locations in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio and other cities now. But I was wondering when the Houston locations would start opening up.

Archived