Not Going Up

Subdude

Personally, I am happy to hear about KBR. I'd hate to lose those workers that are now located in downtown and the near east side to the Katy Prairie. Their plans called for a sprawling corporate center similar to other giants out that way and I don't mind seeing that one cancelled at all.

Personally, I am happy to hear about KBR. I'd hate to lose those workers that are now located in downtown and the near east side to the Katy Prairie. Their plans called for a sprawling corporate center similar to other giants out that way and I don't mind seeing that one cancelled at all.

I completely agree. The problem is: I don't think the project has been canceled; only delayed (indefinitely). As hard as it is to believe, Nancy may have given the wrong impression. Maybe if we all hope and pray every night, they will change their minds by the time the economy strengthens and they will instead desire to anchor a new supertall downtown. ;)

I for one was looking forward to KBR's departure from the East End. It'd free up a massive chunk of land for residential development, spurring numerous new commercial projects. However I do understand that external forces within the business environment were at work and prevent KBR from moving, and moreover, prevent anything from being done with their land. It is very unfortunate news for the area.

Why do so many projects have to have so much retail? Are residential-heavy projects unfeasible or something? I'd think more people would prefer low-end luxury units with a few conveniences like a grocery rather than a veritable mall downstairs.

Exatly! There is tooooo much retail in these projects. Bring on the grocer's.

Hey! What do ya know? It's Puma-busters, everyone misses old Puma-meister!

And there was the gnashing of teeth, and the rending of garments...

That's hilarious! But, on a brighter note, so many other projects were completed in the past couple of years or will be in the next two, it is not all doom and gloom.......but yeah, sack cloth, ashes and wailing were a part of my Xmas festivities this year.

:lol:

m. B)

• 3 weeks later...

As long as Regents Square is going through than nothing else matters! BLVd Place is a shame though, was really looking forward to that one going through. Oh well.

I emailed Regents Square last night and am waiting for a reply. I asked them if the development is still going through and how much the apartments/condos are going for since I am looking into maybe living there once its completed.

It was a done deal... until they undid it.

This is an excerpt from an 11/4 Chronicle article (the original is no longer on the Chronicle's website):

Can you post this in the Development and Real Estate topic under going up so others who dont' read about this project in particular can still give us an answer how KBR "undid" the deal?

Why do so many projects have to have so much retail? Are residential-heavy projects unfeasible or something? I'd think more people would prefer low-end luxury units with a few conveniences like a grocery rather than a veritable mall downstairs.

See above - please post that in Development and Real Estate - I'd really like to hear more answers on your question.

except for the whole foods at BLVD Place, b/c that is dead... as is the ritz... and maybe more

Since when is whole foods not anchoring BLVD Place?

it was specifically mentioned that whole foods has scrapped most all their plans in houston save for one, and that one wasn't BLVD Place... he could've misspoke or i misheard but that's what i heard. also mentioned that wulfe has scrapped their plans to move their offices to BLVD, and that the project as a whole is really hurting

it was specifically mentioned that whole foods has scrapped most all their plans in houston save for one, and that one wasn't BLVD Place... he could've misspoke or i misheard but that's what i heard. also mentioned that wulfe has scrapped their plans to move their offices to BLVD, and that the project as a whole is really hurting

Nah, it's the one in BLVD Place.

Post Oak Whole Foods

Specifically mentioned by whom? When? Where?

Archived