Sienna Plantation

Josci

Southeast of Missouri City. South of Hwy 6, west of Almeda/521. BFE. They have gators!

Correct. A classic suburb. Getting a few strip centers now. If you work anywhere near or in the loop you'd have to use Fort Bend Tollroad, about 4 buck/day. If you head toward Sugar Land/Katy you'd deal with pain-in-the-ass lights on Hwy 6, and 59 traffic.

Southeast of Missouri City. South of Hwy 6, west of Almeda/521. BFE. They have gators!

BFE indeed. That portion of Missouri City is quite far from everything; the closest grocery is the Kroger on Tx 6 and University/Murphy; some 3-4 miles away or so; at least that area up the road has a decent amount of retail (Target, Home Depot, etc). AFAIK, the proposed WalMart on Ftbend Pkway was never built. The main drag into the community itself is about 2-3 miles long as well, and does not have much on it yet.

Another option besides taking the long hike to 59 would be 288, but the stretch of 6 towards there is long, and depressing. Almeda is another option if you work in the TMC (My mother used to take it when we lived in the area), but it has horrendous traffic during rush hour, particularly in the mornings.

The community itself is quite nice; lots of trees, greenspace, etc, but it's just too far from anything at the moment. I used to live in the vicinity, and not much has changed since then (from what I've seen).

This seems like a great place to live. Any pros/cons? Any help would be appreciated. :D

It is a nice community just like Riverpark a little north also in Missouri City. Unfortunately has not many access roads as pointed in the previous posts; I understand that the new proposed Grand Parkway will help them in the long run. Don't know how the traffic is on the Fort Bend Tollway, but with the new completion on Hwy 90, I imagine their commute to Galleria or Reliant/Medical Center should not be very bad.

http://www.siennaplantation.com/locations_map_directions.php

This seems like a great place to live. Any pros/cons? Any help would be appreciated. :D

Good place to raise a family if you are going to work inside the loop (downtown, galleria, and Medical Center), especially if you work at the Texas Medical Center. Downtown might be a bit far. Your life blood into Houston will be a toll road like someone else mentioned, but there isn't too much traffic on it. If you don't work in central Houston then don't bother. I would say it is a rather isolated master planned community in terms of distance from Houston.

was out there over the break last week.....too dang dark back there to be so expensive...it's like a crime to put streetlights more than 300 yards from each other...I turned by "Camp Sienna" or their sportspark and it was like I was in a dark room with no trace of light..

the lack of access in and out the area is a big concern...you get better access in other areas

• 2 weeks later...

I've lived in Sienna since 2004, and highly recommend it.

Regarding the access concerns, eventually the Fort Bend Tollway will extend south of Highway 6, and cross directly through Sienna. In addition, there are several ways in and out. If you are coming from the south on Hwy6, you can get into Sienna from McKeever, Watts Plantation or Trammel Fresno - all before the main entrance. If you are coming from the north on 6, you can get in from the new entrance at Oyster Creek about a mile from the main entrance. Also, sometime in the next year or so, there will be an additional entrance from the south at Hwy521. The Fort Bend Tollway is a direct shot from Sienna to the Medical Center. I work downtown - and I've made the commute in less than 40 minutes with light traffic.

As for retail - the new Kroger just opend (2nd largest in Texas), and the HEB Market at the entrance of Sienna will open tomorrow. (http://feeds.chron.com/~r/houstonchronicle/fortbend/~3/MvLEStBR4ZQ/new_kroger_open.html).

I have two kids (7 and 4), so the extra amenities really tipped the scale for us. Have you seen the Sienna water park? My kids LOVE it! Sienna also has two other neighborhhood pools that are very nice - one of which is geared towards younger kids. The 4th pool (water park) is schedule to open this summer. It's a very nce resort style pool with waterfalls, slides, etc. In addition to the pools, Sienna also has the Brushy Lake Fitness center. It's a complete fitness center that's free to homeowners.

Also, the new Camp Sienna sports complex (softball and soccer fields, playgrouds, trails) just added four new softball fields, and additional parking. Check out the Sienna web site for lots of pictures: http://www.siennaplantation.com

Here are links to a few other threads discussing Sienna:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...c=10009&hl=

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...c=14483&hl=

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...ic=9417&hl=

Thanks for the great update, Sunking. I knew the FBT was going to eventually cut through Sienna, but I didn't know the other entrances to Sienna on the north side (Hwy 6) existed. I'm not sure, but I don't think they existed back in 2007 when I was making my decision where to build. Good to know they are there now. Also, congratulations on your new neighborhood Krogers and HEB!

• 2 months later...

Let me add that it's a great commute if you work in the Medical Center. The Fort Bend Toll Road and South Main are fantastic (until you get to 610, which is where you get stuck for several minutes during rush hour. Eventually, FBTR is supposed to hit 610--don't know when or what type of interchange). 30 minutes in light traffic. 35-40 during rush hour. And I'm in the very, very back of Sienna, so it takes me 10 minutes to get to Hwy 6. Which is both a plus and a minus, because if you're in the back, you do drive a lot just to get to Hwy 6, but that also means it's very quiet back there. We see deer on a pretty regular basis. If you're looking to be 5 minutes from all the amenities, Sienna is not the best option, but if you want a quiet family-friendly neighborhood and don't mind being 15-20 minutes from the action in Sugar Land, it's a great option. Especially with home prices being considerably lower than the Sugar Land MPCs (more than makes up for $4/day in tolls).

Archived