Main St. And Rosedale St.

roadrunner

• 1 month later...

You're talking about 4817 main, the corner of main and arbor place? the bulldozed lot? Can't find anything on it, but was wondering the same thing. there are 2 signs posted on the fence, but it was too dark when i went by to see what they said. maybe, i'll try again in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the construction on that lot as well, but i was not able to see what it said. I hope it's not a bail bonds place or something like that! It sucks that Main gets run down looking so fast after the Museum of Fine Arts. I hope its something decent they are building.

I noticed the construction on that lot as well, but i was not able to see what it said. I hope it's not a bail bonds place or something like that! It sucks that Main gets run down looking so fast after the Museum of Fine Arts. I hope its something decent they are building.

I was guessing a gas station, but I haven't been by there in awhile.

I was guessing a gas station, but I haven't been by there in awhile.

It can't be a gas station, thankfully. The lot is too small and I didn't see any tanks go in.

The foundation excavation is an interesting shape. It looks like the facade will be curved.

I don't know if there's a thread for this, but do we know about the steel structure going up by where the light rail crosses San Jac?

It can't be a gas station, thankfully. The lot is too small and I didn't see any tanks go in.

The foundation excavation is an interesting shape. It looks like the facade will be curved.

I don't know if there's a thread for this, but do we know about the steel structure going up by where the light rail crosses San Jac?

I am fairly sure you are talking about the midrise apartment complex called Venue Museum District. 6 levels of apts. over 2 levels of parking. 219 units. There's a thread here in the Museum District subsection about it.

Grayco Partners is building them. They are also doing the Belle Meade @ River Oaks across from Chuy's.

I am fairly sure you are talking about the midrise apartment complex called Venue Museum District. 6 levels of apts. over 2 levels of parking. 219 units. There's a thread here in the Museum District subsection about it.

Grayco Partners is building them. They are also doing the Belle Meade @ River Oaks across from Chuy's.

Or he could be talking about that small plot of land that has something going up on the east side of San Jac. It started a few weeks ago right across from those half-built townhomes/rowhouses. Hopefully it isn't a phase 2 of that project....

I think we're talking about two projects now:

1) South corner of San Jacinto and Wentworth. Steel is going up and it looks like a CVS-like building. I don't think that's what it is, though.

2) South corner of Main and Arbor. Foundations are just going in.

I think we're talking about two projects now:

1) South corner of San Jacinto and Wentworth. Steel is going up and it looks like a CVS-like building. I don't think that's what it is, though.

2) South corner of Main and Arbor. Foundations are just going in.

There is absolutely no way it can be a CVS. We already have a CVS and Walgreens on Almeda, and then a handful in Midtown.

I'm hoping for a restaurant, although I haven't seen what the building is shaping up to be lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any ideas on word on these plots?

I live nearby. From my own research, I'd be willing to bet that this is going to be a dry cleaners. (Unfortunately.) I can't substantiate it, but you decide:

1. The location maps to the 4800/4900 block of San Jacinto. A quick look at HCAD shows 4807 San Jacinto registered to "MINH ANH II LLC," as well as the adjacent 1204 Wentworth lot.

2. A search for 4807 San Jacinto leads to the state comptroller's Web site, where a business listed as "WEST GRAY CLEANERS II" is listed registered to someone at 1106 Tuam. You guessed it--this is the lot adjacent to West Gray Cleaners (see #3).

3. Check out the Google Street View for 1106 Tuam/West Gray Cleaners listed in #2. Look familiar? The building is a near match to the steel structure on San Jacinto/Wentworth.

I wish it weren't so because the last thing I'd like to see is another dry cleaners in this otherwise great location. The Museum District desperately needs more eateries, which at very least I hope the Venue project will stimulate. Time will tell. For now, looks like we're stuck with West Gray Cleaners II. Now if they could just raze the crackhead building next door, and finish out the dozen or so unfinished patio homes across the street... (What's the story on those BTW? Building financing issues?)

I have no information on the other nearby project on Main but I concur with the other poster that noted a curved facade. Judging from the subsurface it looks like this will be several stories high...

Cheers-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I noticed the construction was coming along nicely today. It's a retail development that is built up to the sidewalk with no large parking lots on Main (yay). Not sure what it is but it said something like "Arbor place green development" and had a sign that retail space was available.

• The title was changed to Main St. And Rosedale St.

Archived