Addicks Reservoir Mystery Road And Cross

theoriginalkj

the closest place i could see would be to park at bear creek pioneer park (on war memorial dr.) or somewhere off of patterson - i think that either of those would be about a mile or less to the markings... :unsure:

ah, if it's not too hot i'd walk that far! -_-

but i'm weird and it would be suspicious if

a group of folks just walked in as a group

like that...

i do have walkie talkies but they're probably from

the seventies, they probably still work though...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah, if it's not too hot i'd walk that far! -_-

but i'm weird and it would be suspicious if

a group of folks just walked in as a group

like that...

i do have walkie talkies but they're probably from

the seventies, they probably still work though...

i am thinking biking there would be no problem...but yes, i feel the same way about a crowd

I emailed local TV Newsreporter Jeff McShan with KHOU CBS Channel 11 about this thread and the strange markings and he sent a news helicopter out to the markings today to look at them from the sky! They ran a brief story about them but not clarifying why they are there! Here's the raw video that the helicopter took:

KHOU Addicks Strange Markings Raw Video

I had trouble getting that to play very well.. It would start ok, but

then the video would freeze in place, but still hear the audio as it

d/led the stream..

I'm still wondering if thats private property.. I'd hate to get out

there and find out I was trespassing the hard way... IE: farmer

with a shotgun, or sheriff dept, etc.. I've pretty much come to the

conclusion that was manmade.. Just too perfect a circles, and cross,

to be random...Also, I seem to see the circular "mow marks" on the

high pix... If thats a fluke, it's a pretty good fluke.. :/

MK

I emailed local TV Newsreporter Jeff McShan with KHOU CBS Channel 11 about this thread and the strange markings and he sent a news helicopter out to the markings today to look at them from the sky! They ran a brief story about them but not clarifying why they are there! Here's the raw video that the helicopter took:

KHOU Addicks Strange Markings Raw Video

Wow, interesting video! It looks like there's quite a bit of water in parts of the two formations. Also, on the large "cross" shaped one it looks like the water is contained in a ditch that runs in a ring around the formation and in a cross shape through the middle of the circle. I'm basing this on the fact that the outer ring of grass looks darker than the rest...

I wonder if there was some industrial use at that spot at one time? Maybe some equipment that was removed (water tanks??) and the area filled in with gravel or something??

I'm still wondering if thats private property.. I'd hate to get out

there and find out I was trespassing the hard way... IE: farmer

with a shotgun, or sheriff dept, etc..

All the land is owned by the US gov't. I think the reservoir was a federal project.

So if you are caught trespassing there, you will probably be shipped off to Gitmo as a terrorist. :ph34r:

must've been a slow day! (wait, that's every day :wacko: )

More likely, they just hit it with the chopper on the way back from something else.

The last time I checked, none of the Houston TV stations actually own their own helicopter. Instead they lease a certain number of hours per month. Depending on how the news is in any particular month, they might send the chopper up just to fill hours, because if there's too many left over at the end of the month, then the parent company decides they don't need that much time/money and cut their budget to match.

It's too bad they weren't contacted earlier; it probably would have gotten more attention just before June sixth.

I think I saw water in that video, too. I think It's also interesting how the grass is so lush in the shade of the trees compared with the dead grass in the open areas, giving it even more contrast.

Here's a couple photos of the gate and road called "Lamb Road" leading to the markings. The gate is now completely locked up, but it's easy to walk over if a journey to the markings up close is desired. The video on KHOU.com actually peaks my interest in this even more. Why would somebody put these up? The video clearly shows the ground and grass to be quite low and somehow maintained. Getting any type of lawn mowing equipment back here would be excruciating. These markings are clearly meant to be here, both of them. I wonder if there is any signs on the ground of human history, like weapons, Coke bottles, or other human evidence.

Kevin

road1.jpg

road2.jpg

yeah, there is no way lawn equipment makes it out there (especially through that gate)...there was all sorts of trash around the entrance, too...(and the "no firearms sign).

seems like a four-wheeler would be handy :)

yeah, there is no way lawn equipment makes it out there (especially through that gate)...there was all sorts of trash around the entrance, too...(and the "no firearms sign).

seems like a four-wheeler would be handy :)

I have 3! And 2 2,000,000 candle watt flash lights. Please let me come! please!

I have 3! And 2 2,000,000 candle watt flash lights. Please let me come! please!

What day do you recommend. The atv's need to be lifted over the gated fence, but otherwise will work. The flash lights are only needed for night work, which would be harder to really appreciate the formations once we get there. Do you have a recommended time? The KHOU video just makes me more curious than before.

Kevin

that was really great of them to do that! :)

although it may be silly, i should go through my archeology

books and see if there is anything remotely similar.

if so, i'll scan it and post it here.

Wow! Thanks! That footage is awesome and saves a few people from getting their heads blown off by some pissed off landowner with a shotgun!! LOL!

although it may be silly, i should go through my archeology

books and see if there is anything remotely similar.

if so, i'll scan it and post it here.

that could be interesting. i am all set to take soil samples :D

not even sure the gps is entirely necessary now...

that could be interesting. i am all set to take soil samples :D

not even sure the gps is entirely necessary now...

It is because there are no landmarks of where to begin diving into the forest looking for the markings. The road (or clearing as it is now) has no discernable spots that say "go to the right into the forest for 90 feet". If you get to Langham Creek, you've gone too far is all there is.

Kevin

It is because there are no landmarks of where to begin diving into the forest looking for the markings. The road (or clearing as it is now) has no discernable spots that say "go to the right into the forest for 90 feet". If you get to Langham Creek, you've gone too far is all there is.

Kevin

well, after rough measuring it out on the map, you can get near where you're supposed to turn (if you're measuring, that is).

oh hell, i am getting a gps. i am sure i can find all sorts of useful(less) things to do with it anyhow :blush:

Here's a couple photos of the gate and road called "Lamb Road" leading to the markings. The gate is now completely locked up, but it's easy to walk over if a journey to the markings up close is desired. The video on KHOU.com actually peaks my interest in this even more. Why would somebody put these up? The video clearly shows the ground and grass to be quite low and somehow maintained. Getting any type of lawn mowing equipment back here would be excruciating. These markings are clearly meant to be here, both of them. I wonder if there is any signs on the ground of human history, like weapons, Coke bottles, or other human evidence.

Kevin

road1.jpg

road2.jpg

I wonder if a skeleton could be seen from the air?

I've been out to both sites a couple of times. I wouldn't go after a big rain. You can get around the water at the cross for sure and you can probably get around the water at the "hill" if you enter the hill from the northwest side. Depends upon how much rain we've had. The cross had a skeleton of a dead animal nearby when I went last about 2 months ago- maybe a hog or something. I couldn't tell , but I figured it was from the pagan rituals that probably go on here.

I parked on Lamb Road, although I didn't know it had a name before this thread, and crawled over the gate. Take a GPS or compass because its easy to get lost in there. If you walk all the way down the road, you'll eventually get to an old cement cattle guard bridge that must've gone over some little creek that is now dry. I think I even ran across what looked like a foundation for a small building, but I could be confusing that with the old WWII bldgs at memorial park.

The"hill" is really a big tree and it has a big grove of what looked like bamboo around almost the entire part except for the northwest part where you can enter from.

If you go, please don't disturb the geocaches that are there. Or if you do, please put them back the way you found them.

Have fun.

P.S. Bring mosquitoe repellant and water

The G-Team

Archived