Someone To Check Out Subfloor?

We're noticing a lot of creaky boards around the house (more than usual), in various rooms of the house (pier and beam). We had a bathroom water leak once upon a time and got that fixed. Creaking floor is in other parts of the house far from the bathroom so I doubt that's connected.

So we thought it might be settling, though a couple of years ago we had some piers shimmed up a bit. But we had someone come out again to see if there was any house settling and they said no.

Now we are wondering if there is there someone that can check out the subfloor by crawling around under the house and looking for rotting wood or anything that might be causing the floor boards to be creakier than normal?

Thanks guys!

*edit to clarify request

• 2 weeks later...
We're noticing a lot of creaky boards around the house (more than usual), in various rooms of the house (pier and beam). We had a bathroom water leak once upon a time and got that fixed. Creaking floor is in other parts of the house far from the bathroom so I doubt that's connected.

So we thought it might be settling, though a couple of years ago we had some piers shimmed up a bit. But we had someone come out again to see if there was any house settling and they said no.

Now we are wondering if there is there someone that can check out the subfloor by crawling around under the house and looking for rotting wood or anything that might be causing the floor boards to be creakier than normal?

Thanks guys!

*edit to clarify request

It's a good idea to have the subfloor checked for your peace of mind but I bet the creakier than normal sounds are due to the weather. There has be been a lot of temperature and humidity fluctuations lately so that is going to cause the wood to expand and contract more than in the warmer months. I will notice a creak or two even when I'm not walking around the house and I'm pretty sure it's because of temperature and humidity changes.

Thanks, didn't think about that. I mean, in years past we have seen a bit creakier in the winter, but it just seemed worse this year. Of course, I guess the weather has been very up and down this year too, cold one day, hot the next....

• The title was changed to Someone To Check Out Subfloor?

Archived