Liberty Motorsports Park

lockmat

They have a show dedicated to this park every Saturday on ESPN radio 97.5. I heard the president talking about it today. This guy has a great head on his shoulders and it sounds like he's going to make a great place.

http://www.libertymotorsportspark.com/index.php

Liberty Motorsports Park is a 2.45 mile long FIM/FIA specification designed racing facility. The Motorsports Park is a direct result of analysis of all the best attributes of prestigious American and European road racecourses. (FAQ Sheet Provided)

LMP Management has consulted with and is continually consulting with leading 4-wheel and 2-wheel experts about design and improvements. The design incorporates large amounts of run-off and absence of walls adjacent to impact areas to provide a safe environment for all to enjoy.

Participants will be able to enjoy a track that features both fast and slow sections on a track that is 40ft wide with 45ft wide straights. This again provides safety while allowing multiple opportunities for safe passing.

Lastly, over 40

Also, I heard him say on the radio this morning that he's working with the city of Cleveland to CREATE a sound ordinance. He mentioned that the Ind 500 track is in the middle of a neighborhood.

I've never been to Liberty Motorsports Park, but I've been to the Indy 500. Yeah, it's right in the middle of a neighborhood. People sell parking on their lawns for big bucks (don't remember exactly, but probably $50-$100/day for the close ones).

If you've never been to a major auto racing event, you have no idea how loud it is. It's the loudest thing I can imagine. Just horrifyingly loud.

But if I lived near a raceway, I'd think the noise would be the least of my complaints. I think the traffic and the exiting crowd would be more vexing to me.

For an major event like the Indy 500 that happens once a year, I'd just deal with it. But if it was a place that had races every weekend, I'd have to move.

I've never been to Liberty Motorsports Park, but I've been to the Indy 500.

Actually, I believe they have broken ground but not anywhere near finished.

I went to the Houston Grand Prix about ten years ago. Watching and hearing those cars go by was awesome.

Also, he mentioned on the radio that the track up in Dallas (what's it called? Texas Motor Speedway?) has residential around it or they've started to build some. So I guess one can comfortably live around one somehow.

Archived