Another NEW Internet Explorer worm

I switched today after hearing the IT guy on talk radio here in Austin , kinda like Michael Garfield down there, say this "NEW" virus was a serious security threat, that CAN steal your passwords and to leave IE alone altogether until further notice. I don't think the guy is getting paid by Google or Firefox to say these things, so I will take his advice for now. Anyone else hear about this new IE bug ?

More of the story here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28258894/

I was one of those HAIFers until yesterday Ed. I just got my bad boy out of the shop. I don't want it going back in that fast. As of this morning they are saying IE still isn't fixed yet.

IE 6 or 7 ? Aren't we on like 9 now?

I was one of those HAIFers until yesterday Ed. I just got my bad boy out of the shop. I don't want it going back in that fast. As of this morning they are saying IE still isn't fixed yet.

IE 6 or 7 ? Aren't we on like 9 now?

8.0 is in beta right now. 7 is the latest stable release, and came out with Vista. 6 is usually installed on an XP machine. Since many (most?) companies aren't going Vista, but staying with XP/NT it explains why there is a heavy IE6 contingent on HAIF: The majority of HAIFers HAIF from work.

I am kinda liking firefox so far. Not alot of difference from IE.

Do that adblock thing memebag told me about. Life changer. But I agree, Firefox isn't that different from IE. The main difference I like is that it'll stop when I say stop. Sometimes IE would just keep going and get confused and I would want to light it on fire. But it is just electrons, so it will not burn.

The main difference I like is that it'll stop when I say stop. Sometimes IE would just keep going and get confused and I would want to light it on fire. But it is just electrons, so it will not burn.

I forgot about that. How annoying! I remember knowing I typed from URL wrong and trying to press "STOP" a zillion times, but IE insisted on loading the whole thing. Wow... Bad times.

Do that adblock thing memebag told me about. Life changer. But I agree, Firefox isn't that different from IE. The main difference I like is that it'll stop when I say stop. Sometimes IE would just keep going and get confused and I would want to light it on fire. But it is just electrons, so it will not burn.

Also check out "NoScript" and "Fast Video Download". "NoScript" gives you control over which scripts can execute. "Fast Video Download" lets you save almost all streaming video.

Archived