Buffalo Wild Wings At at FM 1093 And Highway 99

tigz

Went by there today and they had put up the frame for the foundation and were digging utility trenches.

Yep, I swung by myself and noticed the same thing. It would be nice if they could make it before the playoffs, but that's a tall order. Probably in time for the NBA playoffs. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
When I desire hot wings, I must acquire them. To acquire them, I must travel somewhere. To eat them while they're hot, I must eat them immediately, either there or in my car.

at most that's an appetizer, for me anyway. try 888 niche.

at most that's an appetizer, for me anyway. try 888 niche.

Then you're ordering it wrong. Try twenty boneless cajun-flavored hot wings from Pizza Hut/Wing Street. At that point it is debatable whether you are actually eating wings, but I just don't care. They taste really good and the remaining sauce at the bottom of the container can be taken home for later consumption with other dippable food items.

mmmmm. Vinegar flavored chicken. With Niche. In his car.

For the record, I didn't invite you. :D

Try twenty boneless cajun-flavored hot wings from Pizza Hut/Wing Street. At that point it is debatable whether you are actually eating wings, but I just don't care. They taste really good and the remaining sauce at the bottom of the container can be taken home for later consumption with other dippable food items.

There's something almost endearing about guys with absolutely atrocious diets. You remind me of the boyfriend I had who would eat dry ramen noodles, then pour the flavor packet into his mouth and follow with a mountain dew big gulp. Or his other favorite, gorton's beer battered frozen fish covered in canned chili and ranch. ugh.

Back on topic, is this new place going to be a BW3 bar like midtown or the village, or more of a Katy style family-friendly bar and grille? I wonder if it will have NTN?

There's something almost endearing about guys with absolutely atrocious diets. You remind me of the boyfriend I had who would eat dry ramen noodles, then pour the flavor packet into his mouth and follow with a mountain dew big gulp. Or his other favorite, gorton's beer battered frozen fish covered in canned chili and ranch. ugh.

Just this morning I walked over from the job site to a little Mexican cafe in the East End. I'm usually suspicious of places that don't have a menu. They could charge you any price they think you're willing to pay. I got two lard-surfaced flour tortillas stuffed with homemade Mexican chorizo, eggs, refried beans, cheese, and chunky red salsa. There was so much going on within that tortilla that I probably suckled more food by volume from the ends of these pockets of greasy, gooey goodness than I actually ingested by way of biting and chewing.

But even I have my limits. For instance, I refuse to eat at Long John Silvers except once or twice a year, and then only to remind me why I've blacklisted it. And while admittedly unhealthy, I'm not about to go putting ketchup on a steak or something crazy like that. My canned chili is reserved for use strictly with crackers or fritos; mixing it with fish or ranch sauce is not allowed. My ramen is less restricted, but add-ins typically include fatty sausage, onions, bell peppers, herbs, or spices.

Just this morning I walked over from the job site to a little Mexican cafe in the East End. I'm usually suspicious of places that don't have a menu. They could charge you any price they think you're willing to pay. I got two lard-surfaced flour tortillas stuffed with homemade Mexican chorizo, eggs, refried beans, cheese, and chunky red salsa. There was so much going on within that tortilla that I probably suckled more food by volume from the ends of these pockets of greasy, gooey goodness than I actually ingested by way of biting and chewing.

Now that sounds like some good breakfast taco's.

Back on topic, is this new place going to be a BW3 bar like midtown or the village, or more of a Katy style family-friendly bar and grille? I wonder if it will have NTN?

From the looks of it, it will be a stand alone bar/restaurant like the one in Sugarland. All of the BWW's I've been to (Houston area locations, Coll Sta, Lake Ch, Lafayette, B.R., Houma) have been family friendly. Of course it's still a sports bar on steroids but great to bring the family.

Obviously, BWW is a favorite of mine, hopefully open in time for March Madness!! Can't Wait! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, but are their wings any good. That is one Houston establishment I have yet to try.

I'd say average. I like it more for the Rah Rah atmosphere. Actually I think Stadia has better wings, at least when I've had them. :P

Oh no, no I didn't just hear that about the wings.

I know to each his own and I like quite a few of the dishes at Stadia but have had there wings and buffalo shrimp and they are not even close to BW3, in fact I left the Buffalo shrimp on the table after just one. Heck the place that was there before Buffalo Wings and things had better wings than Stadia Wings.

But that is just my opinion based on many eaten wings.

Got to back up Mr. B. Comparing Stadia Wings (or any of their food actually) to Buffalo Wild Wings is a non starter. BWW blows them away every time. I eat regularly at BWW in Richmond and am addicted to the Caribbean Jerk, Asian Zing and Mango Habanero wings. I live very close to the BWW about to open and if they are anywhere close to the one in Richmond I'll be a very happy camper. The service I get in BWW Richmond at the bar is also excellent, unlike the rude service I have had at Stadia a couple of times to the point I have given up on Stadia and will not be back.

Well I can't say I have every had rude service at Stadia. In fact on every occasion except one the service has been great. Quite a few of the dishes I like there but will not do the wings or shrimp again. Just not sure if they will make it though as everytime we go the resturant section is empty aside from one or two tables.

Then you're ordering it wrong. Try twenty boneless cajun-flavored hot wings from Pizza Hut/Wing Street. At that point it is debatable whether you are actually eating wings, but I just don't care. They taste really good and the remaining sauce at the bottom of the container can be taken home for later consumption with other dippable food items.

For the record, I didn't invite you. :D

I ordered Wing Street (or maybe it was Wing Zone) wings a couple of weeks back. They were hot (heat) and spicy (flavorful) but man ... were they greasy!

• 3 weeks later...
Buffalo Wild Wings looks like it is about ready to open...the construction looks complete and they have had a now hiring sign up for a while. Does anyone have any idea of when it will open?

It's supposed to open on Monday April 27th.

Official opening is indeed Monday at 10am. However, they are currently having a soft opening for training purposes Thursday 23rd through Saturday the 25th. I attended last night and it was great. They were providing the appetizer sampler for FREE plus two drinks (only) at $2 each. It was packed and this place is going to be a hit. It's bigger on the inside that it looks from the outside and has a much larger bar seating area than the one in Rosenberg. Plenty of TV's and everything else you would expect at BWW. There were tons of staff because of the training but they look like a good bunch and were very friendly and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the family there Sunday evening around 7pm. Pretty busy and was about 20 minute wait for a table. They really need to iron out the kinks on service as it took a LONG time until anyone took our order once seated. When the food did come out after a wait that seemed longer than normal, the wings were not cooked as much as they should have been. They were not undercooked in that I was worried about eating "raw" chicken, but not nearly as crispy as every other experience at BWW all over town. We told our waiter and he acknowledged they were aware of the problem and they were addressing and even offered to bring over a manager - I declined since they knew of the issue and the kids were restless by this point. We may give it month or so to iron our the "newness" before we return and hit Stadia Sport Grill or Hooters if we need a wing fix.

I've been there 4 times since they opened (it's really close!). The three times I ate at the bar area the service was lightening fast. The one time I ate at the restaurant area it was really slow plus the waitress spilled the water over our table. I can't explain the speed difference but the bar staff certainly seem totally on the ball and very friendly (I guess they are the most experienced?). Last time we were at the bar a manager dropped by to apologize for the slow service. We explained it wasn't a problem for us as we were actually served quickly and were very happy. We also acknowledged we knew they were new and likely working some kinks out, but we were still happy. He then pulled out his business card and wrote on the back that we should get a dozen free wings. I guess he was pleased to get some good feedback and had taken a few complaints elsewhere. I think they will quickly get it right and look forward to going there often. I like their business model and emphasis on friendly service is a plus. I have noticed that they seem over staffed but one of the older waiters told us this was deliberate as they knew they would likely be weeding out some who could not cut it.

Archived