Snow In College Station!

IronTiger

It's snowing as I type this. In College Station! And the snow is sticking!

What are other rare times in CS history where snow has happened and stuck? I heard 1989 was snowy.

It's snowed once while I was in school, which was 1998-2002.

Snowing here at work. Westchase area, Richmond at Briarpark. Having grown up in Cleveleand it's a big yawn for me but everyone else seems excited.

I grew up here in Houston and it's a big yawn for me too.

Sorry, I'm not in a great mood today. Not all of it had to do with the weather. It's just one of those days. I don't give a crap about ice falling from the sky.

It's snowing as I type this. In College Station! And the snow is sticking!

What are other rare times in CS history where snow has happened and stuck? I heard 1989 was snowy.

If I recall, 1989 was mostly ice which made for several fun days of A&M being closed because the roads were bad. I remember skidding/sliding down an iced over Wellborn Road and bouncing off of curbs.

It snowed in B/CS probably every 3 years or so when I was a kid growing up in the 70s. 1989 was very white, as was January of 1991. We had a good ice storm in 1997-98.

It snowed in Humble Jan 12 1982 long enough to leave a couple inches on the ground the next day. I only remember is this rather arcane fact because my wife went into labor that night and we drove to the hospital in a snowstorm. I remember thinking "what's up with this?"

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Snow In College Station!

Archived