GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

So is there a list of what businesses they are definitely bringing? More specifically, will the have a movie theater? I keep hearing that Edwards wants a downtown location and this might have been what I was hearing about.

Their site isn't exactly loaded with information.

While, I don't wish to turn this into "Segwaychat", I do have to defend that particular product.

While most people will laugh at it, I see it as a very useful item, particularly for the following:

Those that aren't able to walk long distances for a variety of reasons.

Those whose jobs require them to walk insane amount of distances such as huge warehouses or sprawling office complexes.

Thanks for all the pics. I haven't been able to spend much time in Houston the last couple of months, as I'm averaging 5-6 nights/week away from home right now. As a result, I haven't been able to venture downtown much, and when I have, it's usually at night when it's hard to see. I think I may have to head downtown Friday for lunch so I can check out the progress on Houston Pavilions and Discovery Green myself.

I'm glad to see Yao's and Red Cat Jazz Cafe coming into the Pavilions. I think it's important for the bars and restaurants that come in should either be exclusive in the Houston area or should be local concepts. I think the problem with Bayou Place was that the bars were concepts you had seen elsewhere and they soon became old. Thankfully I've heard they've opened a few new bars at BP that are new concepts that seem to be working well. So I hope Pavilions takes note when signing on additional tenants for restaurants and bars.

I noticed today there is a parking garage just south of the Pavilions for sale by CBRE. If property companies sell garages, do they usually just transfer ownership or do yall think someone might buy it, tear it down and maybe build something else?

As much as we value our garages, I'm guessing it's the former :(

Where is it exactly? Which block?

Too bad HP couldn't have bought it and used it as parking for the residential component (which they scrapped due to parking concerns and the cost of building an underground garage). Maybe it's not close enough for that though.

Where is it exactly? Which block?

Too bad HP couldn't have bought it and used it as parking for the residential component (which they scrapped due to parking concerns and the cost of building an underground garage). Maybe it's not close enough for that though.

I forget which street it is in-between. It is directly across the street from one of the blocks it's being built on. I do know I was heading south and it was on my right hand side. That should narrow it down a little.

Or maybe I'm wrong. I just went to search for their properties, both for sale and lease, and I didn't see a parking garage listed. I could have sworn it was though. Hmm...

EDIT, SECOND TIME:

After looking at live maps, it looks like I was on Fannin b/c there is a parking garage just south of it and to the west. I guess it's just not on their website for whatever reason.

Edited by lockmat

I think the problem with Bayou Place was that the bars were concepts you had seen elsewhere and they soon became old. Thankfully I've heard they've opened a few new bars at BP that are new concepts that seem to be working well. So I hope Pavilions takes note when signing on additional tenants for restaurants and bars.

Did the rest of Bayou Place ever get filled in? When I was last there it was the Sake Bar, Have a Nice Day, Slick Willy's, Verizon Wireless Theater and the Angelika. But the other part of the building hadn't been redeveloped yet...

It'd be sad for the rest of this building to be neglected even as HP goes up. Does anyone know of any plans to produce more affordable* residential capacity in the DT area? The more people that live there (within reason), the better downtown will be.

;)

Edited by mojeaux131

I noticed today there is a parking garage just south of the Pavilions for sale by CBRE. If property companies sell garages, do they usually just transfer ownership or do yall think someone might buy it, tear it down and maybe build something else?

As much as we value our garages, I'm guessing it's the former :(

If someone buys something they can do what they want to it... keep it or tear it down.. it's up to them.

Did the rest of Bayou Place ever get filled in? When I was last there it was the Sake Bar, Have a Nice Day, Slick Willy's, Verizon Wireless Theater and the Angelika. But the other part of the building hadn't been redeveloped yet...

It'd be sad for the rest of this building to be neglected even as HP goes up. Does anyone know of any plans to produce more affordable* residential capacity in the DT area? The more people that live there (within reason), the better downtown will be.

;)

Some company just took up a huge chunk of it as their headquarters. You can see the sign from 45. It's called The Planet or something.

I noticed today there is a parking garage just south of the Pavilions for sale by CBRE. If property companies sell garages, do they usually just transfer ownership or do yall think someone might buy it, tear it down and maybe build something else?As much as we value our garages, I'm guessing it's the former :(
Once again, the garage south of Houston Pavilions (on the Main-Fannin-Clay-Polk block) is controlled by Houston Pavilions under a long-term lease. I guess the owner of the building is trying to sell it, but that will not change it's effective control and use by and for Houston Pavilions.
Where is it exactly? Which block?Too bad HP couldn't have bought it and used it as parking for the residential component (which they scrapped due to parking concerns and the cost of building an underground garage). Maybe it's not close enough for that though.
While they did not "buy" it, they did take control of it under a long-term lease. Apparently it would not work for parking for the apartments (probably not close enough, or maybe it just isn't big enough to provide parking for both the retail/office/entertainment elements and the residential component)
If someone buys something they can do what they want to it... keep it or tear it down.. it's up to them.
Not so much... Any buyer of this parking garage will take it subject to Houston Pavilions' long-term lease. So the buyer will basically not be able to do anything to it at all, except as allowed by the lease.

Some company just took up a huge chunk of it as their headquarters. You can see the sign from 45. It's called The Planet or something.

Ah, okay. That's good. Thanks for telling me. I always felt bad looking at all that empty space in such a neat building with such a good location.

I just walked by the project at lunch and noticed the larger structure on the SE corner of San Jac and Dallas had (what looked like) a few exterior panels in place. It seems too early for them to start with the outer facade, but maybe they were testing some designs?

I just walked by the project at lunch and noticed the larger structure on the SE corner of San Jac and Dallas had (what looked like) a few exterior panels in place. It seems too early for them to start with the outer facade, but maybe they were testing some designs?

Either way it's progressing! :D

Here is a pic of said exterior:

gallery_15_10_551365.jpg